+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New rod came today

Default New rod came today

Last week I was the winning bid for a Berkley PG40 8' 6/7 glass fly rod. Rod and faux leather case are in excellent condition. Doesn't look like it's been fished. Can't wait to fish with it.
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

Sounds fun. I've got a rod to wrap for my wife with her choice of thread (ever see a woman long rodding with a bright pink thread, that'd be her. Said she was tired of seeing drab ol' men rods). I also have a three weight to wrap for myself and I DEFINITELY WON'T USE PINK! JGW

Ah, so YOU got it, eh?

Let us know how it fishes!

I also missed a 7 1/2 Silaflex that day...

------------------
    [url=http://www.native-waters.com:3f2e8]http://www.native-waters.com[/url:3f2e8]

Roger

Was I bidding against you? Haven't fished it yet, but did do some lawn casting. Very nice.

Dave
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

You folks buy rods etc. from E.Bay??

My most recent purchase is some 6wt fly line from a guy in Toronto Canada about 2 weeks ago. Haven't seen it yet.

They say it was sent. On my next e.mail they'll probably blame the post office.

Ah well........Canuks screwing Canuks......what's the world coming to???lol

Good fishin: Mudd.

Don't know anything about Canuk screwing.

This was my first ebay purchase. Read all the comments about the seller and he appeared to be reputable. And he was. Paid with cashiers check. He notified me when he recieved it and mailed the rod priority mail. Condition of rod was exactly how it was discribed and the pics showed.

All in all, I have no complaints about buying from ebay.

Sounds like it was, Dave. Good on ya, though. I am going to get one sooner or later.

I never had an Ebay problem, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time. I've bought three or four rods on Ebay.

------------------
    [url=http://www.native-waters.com:6abf7]http://www.native-waters.com[/url:6abf7]

Dave:

You better be careful. You get so you like that nice slow fiberglass feel and the next thing you know we will be convincing you to try bamboo. Then it is that long slow decent into fishing and talking grass.

Tell us how the fall bass and gills like the new rod.

David

David

My first fly rod was an 8' 3pc boo that was given to me some 41 years ago. Still have it and fish it every so often. Don't know who made it though. I also have an 8 1/2' 8wt that was a gift from a rod maker friend of mine. Nice for bass bugs, but is somewhat heavy.

But you are right about the slow steady feel of glass. Besides the one I just bought, I also have a Fenwick 7 1/2' 6wt.

Gills and bass with glass. I like the way that sounds.*S*

+ Reply to Thread