+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nice Article Rick!

Default Nice Article Rick!

I read it and thought to myself about what I saw last week while fishing one day. I was standing in the lake up to my thighs, watching the fish take something in the water column, and wondering what it was. Not caring a whole lot, as I was catching some fish with my wooly bugger, but still wondering. On the way out of the water, I noticed there were 'husks' floating in the water all over. I guess the FrogWater guys would say they came form 'bombers' since they were about 3/4 inch long. I guess I need to tie up some 'midges' to match and see what I can catch!

Don
    Don Rolfson

I will add my congrats to Drolfson's. I am glad you added the part about your wife sending you fishing. I assumed that my wife was the only one who did that. She often says that I need to "go play with the fish" and I, being the dutiful husband that I am, always take her up on that suggestion.

------------------
    Clint

Wise men still seek HIM...
    Clint
    in far west Kentucky

Thanks for the kind words.

I have started taking a 3rd rod in the canoe with me. It always has a midge on it. When nothing is happening I am trying the midge.
    Still more experimentaion to do.

Rick

Good article Rick. I went out last week and fished nearly everything I had to no avail, all the while listening to the fish splash all around me. I'm not at all sure what they were after, maybe damsels. I saw a couple of real healthy ones clear the water on their feed.
    I'm definitely gonna get me some smaller hooks and try those midges, though!

------------------
    There's almost nothin' wrong with the first lie, it's the weight of all the others holdin' it up that gets ya'! - Tim
    Jesus still hangs out with fishermen.

MOturkE:
    Not wanting to spend a bunch on a vise with Midge jaws I bought a $10.00 one and filed the jaws to the shape I felt comfortable with. Chain saw file and flat file.

------------------
    I feel more like I do now than I did when I got here!

Cactus AKA "Lucky Dog (Pirate Name)"

I enjoyed the article Rick.It always is nice to read your stories. I went out last week also and caught a few released all(didn't want to clean them).Sounds like we can look forward to articles about new ponds soon.Guided to by your new friend.

+ Reply to Thread