+ Reply to Thread

Thread: tubin' is a HOOT!!

Default tubin' is a HOOT!!

The skys were clear and the winds light (for a change!!).
    So I got the Wind River Wet, as well as a lot of other things! Can you dry money in the dryer?
    What did I learn. Tubes do lose some inflation in cool water. Make sure the seat is adjusted. Make sure your waders are up as high as possible. Carry your wallet in a baggie in one of the compartments. Carry a small piece of plastic to cover the drivers seat of your car! Add a piece of wool to dry the used flys
    What a great time, I'm hooked!!

P.S. What's the best way to keep fish when tubein'?

------------------
    I feel more like I do now than I did when I got here!

Cactus

[This message has been edited by Jack Hise (edited 19 June 2005).]

Take one of those wire creel things and put a donut intertube around it with a rope to tether. Once inflated you won't have problems with sharp fins penetrating your tube. JGW

Jack,
    LOL!!
    Send the money to me...I'll dry it for ya!..maybe even "launder" it!
    Sorry, I should have told you..I always wrap my wallet in a sandwich bag...(plastic one, Jack, NOT paper! )
    Great fun aren't they? Not to mention productive.
    Glad you got some!
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Sorry Mike it's all dried out!! I may iron it though! The waders are the tough ones to dry as well as the wallet!! Got to get a new Medicare Card, the cheap govt. makes them out of paper!!??
    I was only going to fish for an hour or so and got so into it that it turned into 4 hours!!

------------------
    I feel more like I do now than I did when I got here!

Cactus

I hear ya Jack!

First time I used my tube, I was fishing a little pond above Layton Utah about 2 weeks after ice out. I had been leaning forward while working down one bank and my dear wife decided to run off since she had finished her book. Well, just after she drove off I leaned back to move to a new area and the water flowed over the back of my waders. Man was that cold! I think I scared ALL the fish within 5 miles with my outburst (not really a scream, but not much different.)

I tried fishing a bit while waiting for the wife to return, but it was just too cold, so I got out and poured about 2 gallons of water out of the waders, sat on a rock and waited for my wife's return.

I had fun though.

Don
    Don Rolfson

+ Reply to Thread