+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Force fin sizes

Default Force fin sizes

Today at the local Sportsman's Warehouse I saw a lot of force fins of various sizes but none of the adjustable ones. The nonadjustables really go up to some large sizes so fitting my size 14's shouldn't be a problem.

Does anyone have an opinion as to if there is any significant difference [besides price] between the two styles...ease of in and out ...function....etc.?

Now if I could just pull the trigger at those prices....anyone want to buy my older smaller force fins...sneaky ad huh....

I have that problem too. I purchased Xtra Large and learned I needed XXL.

Went to return the darn things and the shop is closed down. Now I'm stuck with buying another pair of flippers. These will likely end up on ebay and I will NOT purchase another pair unless they are the adjudstable ones - If the shop can't carry what I want they don't want my business. I suspect Cabelas might have them.

------------------
    --------
    Let No One Walk Alone
    ><))))'>------<'((((><
    Bill
    Let No One Walk Alone
    <*)))))><{----------}><((((*>

I have both and prefer the adjustable. Much easier to deal with and if you ever get new wading boots that are a little different in shape or size, you can adjust. I often just use booties instead of wading boots, no problem with the adjustables.

Maybe you can sell your old ones to Jack Hise, he's just getting into float tubing and he saved money on his tube. He's got a nice tube now, he may want to get some good fins.

------------------
    Joe

I guess I will be joining the crowd because I have been thinking about and am getting ready to get some adjustables myself .

------------------
    Robert B. McCorquodale
    Sebring, FL

"Flip a fly"
    Robert B. McCorquodale

"Flip a fly"

Robert,
    May I ask, if they fit...the ones you have now ....why do you want to go to the adjustibles?

No, Phil, the ones (non-adjustable) I have now do not fit well. Too tight and I don't even wear wading boots with them. I need the adjustables so I can wear my wading boots. Hope this answers your question.

------------------
    Robert B. McCorquodale
    Sebring, FL

"Flip a fly"

[This message has been edited by dixieangler (edited 31 May 2005).]
    Robert B. McCorquodale

"Flip a fly"

Robert,
    Exactly where I'm at...I just don't want to wear my waders with just the neoprene footies.

[This message has been edited by ducksterman (edited 31 May 2005).]

Not only that, the bottom of my feet get sore on the footrests of my cat without the wading boots, old sneakers, or some kind of old shoes on. Right in the middle of the sole of my feet where the footrest bar goes (spend a lot of time with my feet up ontop of the bar but still gets sore). I only wear my waders when the water's cold. In summer, like now, I just get my feet and lower legs wet .

------------------
    Robert B. McCorquodale
    Sebring, FL

"Flip a fly"
    Robert B. McCorquodale

"Flip a fly"

Are these fins really worth the price? What warrants the cost?

Jeff

Jeff,

I believe that force fins have a wider surface area with the split toes. They are suppose to be 40 to 60 percent more efficient (don't have to kick as much). But you're right, I'm not sure yet if I want to go to such a high expense for the adjustable ones. The idea is that less kicking will offset the cost in the long run. But I might just get standard adjustables for my boots.

------------------
    Robert B. McCorquodale
    Sebring, FL

"Flip a fly"
    Robert B. McCorquodale

"Flip a fly"

+ Reply to Thread