+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: There ARE fish in it!

Default There ARE fish in it!

Finally the drought is over. Or, should I say jinx? Headed to a nearby bay with my new rod I made from one of Dan Craft's blanks (a 5 wt. Five Rivers) that had so far been fishless and just had a blast. A handful of 8-9 inch gills, and enough action to cause the spinner folks to come over as I was loading my canoe to talk about the fun it looked like I was having with "that topwater fly." Actually it was a size 10 Hare 'N Copper with a soft hackle wing. One of those things a warmwater fanatic could do to mess up a good trout fly. Hey, it's my fly. My rod. My cedar strip canoe. A very nice night. JGW

Dang braggart! *Grins*

Glad to hear some good sport John. We all need that this time o'year.

I'll be getting my boat rigged/ready this weekend after some stupid electrical probs I caused.

Can't wait. Pretty soon now and those pike will be aroused in the shallows too....

Then bass season and....we're off!

My pontoon will be getting wet. Hopefully Kevin and the boys will get rounded up for some Miss. R. smallie action?!?! It's getting to be that time!

Jeremy.

John,

Ya really know how to hurt a guy that had to work. Sure wish I could have been there.

For bringing your fishing luck out of the deep freeze, a day spent catching 8 and 9-inch bluegills is the way to do it!

Joe

"Better small than not at all."

Jeremy,

Probably won't hit the big river until a little later in the season. I think they hit a lot better in the warmer weather.

I think I hear some gills calling my name. Off to Iowa this weekend for a visit and some fishin.

Kevin

No,no,no those are Ohio gills calling you, common mistake, Ohio, Iowa easily confused.

7. Default

White43,

I just finished a dan craft FT 3wt and took it out today to our resevoir... bought a flashbacked gold ribbed pheasant tail nymph and wore it out on about twenty very aggressive fish - pumkinseeds, yellow perch, crappie and some lmb.

great fun... those DC blanks are pretty nice. i'm using a #4 reel and line on my three weight and still have heaps of power for fish and line.

tws

Ohio??

I wonder whose mother-in-law I've been visiting all of this time down in Iowa??

Kevin

Ohio? Hush. There are no fish in Ohio. Don't bother. Nope, none at all.

Swen,

Let me get this straight. It can't be Ohio 'cause Fishlux says there aren't any fish in Ohio. So it must be Iowa. By the way, isn't Iowa located somewhere between Washington and Montana? I know thay have fish there.

Kevin

+ Reply to Thread