+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you mostly like to fish alone or with others?

Blog Entries

fishing with friends can be a great time, I enjoy that thoroughly, but sometimes, to plagarize George Thorogood:

"I fish alone, yeah,
    with nobody else
    You know when I fish alone,
    I prefer to be by myself"

------------------
    RRhyne56
    [url=http://www.robinscustomleadersandflies.com:355ae]http://www.robinscustomleadersandflies.com[/url:355ae]
    IM = robinrhyne@hotmail.com

Alone. For pretty much the same reasons as others have stated.
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

For me it's probably about 50-50. There are times when I really like fishing alone for many of the same reasons mentioned in earlier posts. But I also enjoy the fellowship of fishing with people I genuinely like being around. Some of the fondest memories I have growing up on a farm is fishing nearly everyday in farm ponds with my cousin. We made each other better fishermen by sharing ideas and having some good natured competition.

I do it both ways. If I have someone coming to fish then I prepare to do that. I have had great fun with angler dave. Joe Hyde, and Kevin Slater coming down and fishing.
    Very relaxing time doing this.

Also great fun to go out by myself.

Rick

In spring and fall, my lady is nearly always with me. She can't take the summer heat, though. I also fish with The Old Fella I wrote about not long ago, and my boys who take occasional interest.

There are many times I go alone, though, probably most, because I go any chance I get, even if it's a quick hour after work before dark.

Best,
    R

------------------
    [url=http://www.native-waters.com:4230d]http://www.native-waters.com[/url:4230d]

Mostly alone, it seems. I do like to be on my own schedule, and fish at my own pace. I sometimes get quietly irritated when friends come along, and don't have the patience to give a spot ample time to really fish it. Most of my friends here are often busy, too. So, if I want to go, i have to manage on my own. I do enjoy the comradary, hootin' and hollerin' that comes with the occaisional fishing partner, though. Its a good way to make memories with buddies. Memories that will be great fodder for my nonsensical rantings and ravings in my later years!

Swamp

[This message has been edited by swamp rat (edited 01 February 2005).]

I enjoy the happenings of nature you encounter and peace of fishing alone. Like Robert, I also enjoy times with others. Due to my daily work schedules, I find that most of my time off happens during the week when most of my friends are working, so I soon found that I had the best of both worlds....peace and quiet.

------------------
    David Parker
    Guild Certified Professional Rod Builder

nighthawk Guest

About 50/50. I do have to say that since I changed jobs I met a new fishing buddy and his antics can be really funny. When I'm in a down or dark mood I fish alone.

------------------
    Eric "nighthawk"

I fish 3 or 4 afternoons a week in season, most of it is alone, or best of all, with my 4 year od daughter. She watches the bobber while I fly fish - a definite good time and she has the bug bad, just like her dad!
    3 years ago me and some fellows at another website (www.thebasspond.com)started a fishing club called The Samuel Tisdale Society. The club is dedicated to warm water fly fishing. We get together 3 times a year, twice for fishing and eating, and this year we've begun having a winter dinner. Our annual gatherings are in June and September, and at the September gathering we award The Tisdale Cup - an award not for the most or biggest fish, but for whoever brought the best food!
    In anycase, it's been great fun and has become a tradition that we all look forward to enjoying for years to come. The Comraderie of good fishing, good food and good friends is hard to beat. Tight lines, Alec

Similar to others, I enjoy the solitude fishing alone, but have 2-3 special buddies who enhance the experience. The safety angle comes in too. Last Fall, my buddy had to transport me to the hospital after the metal hip dislocated...yowks!

+ Reply to Thread