+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mikey and Jack

Default Mikey and Jack

What a great visit! Short but very enjoyable.

I was working in my store Thursday afternoon, knowing that Ohiotuber and Jack Hise were on their way through to visit Warren and Mikey called me from my office. It was a great great surprize and visit, getting to see Mikey after 40 years. we were in the same unit when I was in Basic training at Ft. Benning GA. I would have to say that these two guys are about as good as it gets!!

Mikey brought me some of his world famous peanut butter fudge and a great plaque that symbolizes our friendship and our beliefs in our country and the origin of our friendship. I will cherish that and it now has a place in my rod building room just above my computer so I see it every day almost.

Jack is even a nicer guy in person than he is on FAOL and what a great representation he gives us all for the kind of people that FAOL harbors in its fold.

Super nice guys that love people and fly fishing, and I enjoyed their short visit a lot. Sure wish I didn't have to work all weekend because I would have loved to join them on their trip to Tullahoma to visit with Warren, and do some fishing in the Duck and the Elk. One thing is for sure...we will have a blast at AuSable!

nighthawk Guest

I couldn't agree more! I have yet to meet Jack but Mike and I have a good time when we meet. Great guys for sure.

------------------
    Eric "nighthawk"

American veteran and proud of it!

Blog Entries

I we want a full write-up from Mike &/or Jack &/or Warren.

EdD

Here is a report on Mike and Jack's visit from my end. I had a great time with the two of them! It is really good to finally be able to put a face to a name on this great site! I got some of that world famous peanut butter fudge and all I can tell you about it is that it is just terrible. If any of you have any that was sent to you, you need to send it to me in Tennessee because the EPA will permit me to dispose of it here in the hills of Tennessee! Don't even attempt to taste it, just send it here and I will dispose of it properly for you at no charge! We fished the Duck River at 3 different places that I enjoy and hopefully, they had as much fun as I did. I will let them tell you about any fish that were caught. I really enjoyed spending many hours on the water with them and the evenings here at my home at the tying table and furling board. Oh, by the way, Kathy if you are reading this, you really need to ask Jack about his first thread furled leader he made here at my house. It is really something beyond describing. You must ask him to show it to you! From my end, the visit was really appreciated and Mike and Jack are really two great guys. I am already looking forward to their next visit. Everything went as I had hoped for as far as the weather permitting us to get on the river and with catching fish. I got to see Jack catch his first trout on his new "boo" and Mike caught trout on his "boo". I can only pray that the two of them enjoyed the trip as much as I enjoyed meeting them and fishing with them. They are 2 great guys and a lot of fun to be around.

------------------
    Warren
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

I would normally be at work, but was so exhausted, I left after 1/2 a day, napped, & am now posting.
    What can I add? Seeing Leo again after 40 years was like a mini family reunion. I could talk all day & never describe the joy! Leo is truly a great guy & it will be tremendous to share a stream with him at the Michigan Fish-In...btw, there will be more fudge packed in the Jeep for that trip.
    As far as the Tullahoma Redneck (WarrenP) & fishing the Duck River, I am forced (UGH!) to be complimentary! Warren was not only great fun & a fantastic host, he is one VERY talented fisherman, tyer, & leader "furler". Not only has Warren obviously studied flyfishing, he is very willing to share his knowledge. I have a LOOOONG way to go to be in his class, but my flyfishing skills, particularly casting, experienced dramatic improvement thanks to his helping me out. Jack & I each had our "best ever" trout fishing success...on the 3rd (sadly final) day, we each caught & released 10 each (largest a solid 14") in about 3 1/2 hours & lost at least that many more...of course, Warren easily doubled what we caught, even with taking time to occasionally help us out.
    Jack also furled his 1st three leaders. The first one was noteworthy indeed....I wonder if Kathys' video has a need for editing in the sound "SPROING!!" under "troubleshooting". While I felt horrible for Jack (snicker), he DID create one of the most unique strike indicators ever! MARKET it Jack!! PLEASE market it! They're easy to make too...just ask Jack. I shouldn't talk...I got my right arm stuck in my waders trying to get to my car keys!...don't ask!!
    Obviously, the trip was great fun & very educational for both Jack & I. The highlights of the trip were spending time with good friends, & we WILL do this again.
    My thanks to both Leo & Warren. I had a fantastic time!
    Mike

------------------
    You can call me Mike & you can call me Mikey..Just remember that this site's about sharing!

[This message has been edited by ohiotuber (edited 26 June 2006).]
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Mike, I don't how you could possibly post the trip in so little space....it took Jack an hour to tell me about it

------------------
    LadyFisher, Publisher of
    FAOL

+ Reply to Thread