+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pathetic

Default Pathetic

It's pathetic how much time I spend in front of this computer on FAOL...WHEN I SHOULD BE TYING...anyone else have this problem?

It's an addiction. When I should be working I am checking out FAOL at night. Good thing no one else is around on my shift. During the day when I should be sleeping if I wake up the first thing I do is turn on the computer and check out FAOL.

Rocky

(thanks guys,,, we love you too!)

nighthawk Guest

I see I am in good company.

------------------
    Eric "nighthawk"

American veteran and proud of it!

duckster;
    Is there something else??!!

------------------
    Don't forget the Michigan Fish-In August 14th to the 20th. The Holy Water's of the Au Sable await you!!

Cactus

SLEEP? Did someone mention SLEEP?....whazzat?
    Mike

------------------
    You can call me Mike & you can call me Mikey..Just remember that this site's about sharing!
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

I was actually going to post something similar. My work-load drops dramatically in the summer. Its especially bad right now - comming from a high octane semester to the doldrums of summer policy work. Motivation is nearly impossible. These darn boards make it so much worse. I swear I check them twice an hour. New topics excite me. I get bummed when there isn't that much activity, and switch over to reading archived articles. Do they make a patch or gum for this kind of thing. I am very happy to know that I'm not alone.

When working at my office here on the farm, I have two computers on my desk. One for work, one for FAOL. That aughta tell you somehting.

I can jump in on this bandwagon, my darling husband stays online until the wee hours of the morning, and more then once a week, @@ !! Thanks for having such a wonderful distraction for him.

Hello!

My name is Terry, and I'm an addict!

In the last year I have not been clean for more than a few hours at best. I can't stay away, there's not a day that goes by that I don't need my FAOL fix!

I recently had to seek medical attention, when FAOL disappeared for a couple days! I literally had to have my hands strapped down to my chair to avoid clicking on the FAOL link at the top of my bookmark list every few minutes.

The forced Cold Turkey and Withdrawls were the worst I'd ever experienced. I tried many things to get my mind off the inexplainable disapearence of my favorite site, but nothing worked.

The Paranoia that set in was beyond my control, had I done something wrong to be permanently banned, did I upset the family members by hogging to much bandwith, was I being punished for camping around the FAOL fire ring too long?

Alas, my Paranoia disappeared when out of the blue, Voila' it magically re-appeared on my screen.

The blood returned to my flush face, and the uncontrollable shakes subsided, although I'm ever so careful not to do whatever it was that caused my falling off the wagon in the first place. I don't want to lose my spot around the campfire ring again.

I have an appointment set for next week to see a doctor about my addiction. He said he had a new 12 step program that I would have to implement as soon as possible. This program will help teach me the control to push away from my computer screen, and I may even learn how to fish again!

The Doc even offered to come over and be my support buddy, this after he learned of my Bamboo rod collection. He said we'd have to talk about that addiction in another session.

Go figure! I have more than one addiction that I need help with, Please!

Terry

Discaimer: This is a joke, and only a joke! It is meant to elicit a chuckle, it is in no way meant to offend or belittle the seriousness of those inflicted with, or suffering from any of the afore meantioned challenges.

For those of you with no sense of humor after reading this, my proctologist said he could help find you one! SNAP!
    "The solution to any problem - work, love, money, whatever - is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be." - John Gierach

+ Reply to Thread