+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ooohhh, that OhioTuber.....

nighthawk Guest

Default Ooohhh, that OhioTuber.....

Mike calls me this evening to ask how much I wanted for the Contour 13' canoe. Now, unknown to him, Amy and I had already discussed giving the canoe to him. Well, he had the nerve to insist that he pay for it! I reminded him of the Orvis 9' midflex 8wt Clear Water rod, Rocky Mountain large arbor reel, spare spool and both already loaded with backing, lines and leaders that he gave to me. He said that doesn't count! Well, then Amy says tell him fifty bucks, that will cover our gas. He said that wasn't enough! I said don't argue with the boss, you will lose. He said put her on, I'll argue with her. Well, I thought I was seeing a joust between dark age knights! They finally settled on fifty bucks, meet Colleen and dinner. I tell you folks if I was a car dealer and saw these two on my lot I would just fall on my sword!

Honestly folks, nothing will please us more than to see Mike and all the kids enjoying this canoe. It will be perfect for them!

------------------
    Eric "nighthawk"
    " All gave some, some gave all. Some stood through for the red, white and blue and some had to fall. If you ever think of me, think of all your liberties and recall, Some gave all". Thanks to Billy Ray Cyrus and all our fallen soldiers, sailors, airmen and marines.
    American veteran and proud of it!

ok, you jokers have two choices and two choices only:

1. bring both of those canoes to the fish-in

2. take photos of a race between the two of you

If you really care, you'll do both.
    "If I'm not going to catch anything, then I 'd rather not catch anything on flies" ... Bob Lawless

Eric

You are a wise man. I never argue with my wife either. I have figured out she will spend my money the way she wants to. It just so happens she is as big a fishing nut as I am. But she comes to me for advice on what to buy. So I have the best of both worlds. That custom fly rod I had made for her has made me the luckiest man around...

Keep mamma happy or the world is unhappy.

Harold

I think Amy should be sellin' used cars! What a wheeler-dealer!
    Seriously, thank you, & folks, the friendship Eric & I have formed is just an indication of what participation on this site leads to. It is NOT your typical website, & we are ALL very fortunate to have found this wonderful community.
    Mike

------------------
    You can call me Mike & you can call me Mikey..Just remember that this site's about sharing!
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

ohiotuber;
    Amen!!

------------------
    Don't forget the Michigan Fish-In August 14th to the 20th. The Holy Water's of the Au Sable await you!!

Cactus

nighthawk Guest

Mike,
    I told you not to argue with the boss.

I agree with you about this site. Lots of great folks from all over the world here.

------------------
    Eric "nighthawk"
    " All gave some, some gave all. Some stood through for the red, white and blue and some had to fall. If you ever think of me, think of all your liberties and recall, Some gave all". Thanks to Billy Ray Cyrus and all our fallen soldiers, sailors, airmen and marines.

Mike & Eric,

Gas to deliver a 13' Canoe: $50

Dinner with new friends: $100

The ear to ear smile on Mikes face when you pull in the driveway to deliver the canoe, sharing a passion for fishing and hanging out with new friends, & knowing in the end all your lives are deeply enriched because of it: PRICELESS!!!

The more Sunsets that pass in my life, the more I realize it's really the simple things in life that are the most rewarding, important and valuable.

Mike and Eric, Jesus called us to be fishers of Men, I think you've both found a keeper!

Thank you both for Blessing us with your shared kindness, I know I've been touched.

Terry
    "The solution to any problem - work, love, money, whatever - is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be." - John Gierach

nighthawk Guest

Terry,
    Jesus guided me to you too my brother. Thank you, Terry.

------------------
    Eric "nighthawk"

Terry,
    Thanks for the kind words...heck, Eric & I are just a couple of crusty ol' Vets! ONE of us is just a LITTLE older.
    Mike

------------------
    You can call me Mike & you can call me Mikey..Just remember that this site's about sharing!
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

I woull like to amen , the Akalooker.

+ Reply to Thread