+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What might be lost?

Default What might be lost?

I've been able to watch a little bit of the news over the last couple of days, but I wondered how bad the damage will be from the flooding in New England?

For some reason Fox News hasn't mentioned the effects on fishing out there...

...go figure

------------------
    There's almost nothin' wrong with the first lie, it's the weight of all the others holdin' it up that gets ya'! - Tim
    Jesus still hangs out with fishermen.

I have no idea what you are talking about. Fox News,, fishing? ??

Frankly, the flooding is not a hugh disaster statewide, only in some areas. I don't think it will have a great impact overall, so string up your rod and come on out!

jed

The main sewer line broke in haverhill, Ma, dumping hundreds of thousands of gallons of raw sewage into the merrimac river, which dumps into plum island sound. if it doesn't affect the fish, it will certainly affect the fishing. The don't expect to have it totally repaired for 2 months.

The Ipswich, Parker and Essex rivers are at historic highs, and that has put the fish off for a bit.

JC - I didn't mean to confuse with my comment about Fox News and fishing reports, intended as just a little humor.

Jed and Micus - Thanks for the info. From what we're getting on the news here you'd think MA was completely sunk. I'd enjoy fishing out in that part of the country, but I probably won't get out that far until I retire... Save me a spot until about 2018?

------------------
    There's almost nothin' wrong with the first lie, it's the weight of all the others holdin' it up that gets ya'! - Tim
    Jesus still hangs out with fishermen.

Dave,
    I did not hear that. That really stinks (yes pun intended). That can effect the Striper fishing as well as the Shad migration. It is one of the larger Shad rivers in New England.

jed

i fished a local river last night with mike t., and we had a great time. must have caught of 60 fish between us, lots in the low 20s, some in the high 20s, and i had one well over 30 throw the hook right at my feet. all in all, a great first outing.

Great to hear the fishing is good for you Dave. I have had a real slow start this year. I haven't been out in two weeks. The tide looks good this afternoon so I might give it a go.

------------------
    Who has time for stress when there are fish to catch.
    Nick
    Your hooks sharp????

Hi I Jed, TU Mass/RI council is having a get together at Indian Hollow on the East Branch of the Westfield this weekend. I Know the cfs was over 1100 for awhile from a website, but do you know what shape the river is actually in? Would you know if the campground is flooded? I thought that might be in your neck of the woods from past posts. I wonder if its just going to be tough- or impossible to fish by Saturday... I can't make it, (I think I tore my rotator cuff and have an MRI scheduled for Saturday), but I'd like to keep my friends posted. I bet the Millers River is downright scary- I've heard that one comes up dangerously fast. Thanks for any info, Jim

Yikes! I just looked at the streamflow data and its over 2500 cfs with a median for this time of year of 450cfs....I wonder if the road to the campground is even open....

+ Reply to Thread