+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unacceptable

Time to move to Montana Diane. I was out on the lake a 11:00 this AM.Pushing 55/60 right now.Only problem is most of our streams and local river don't open until the 3rd saturday in May.
    We all know the area code for heaven is 406

Diane,

You're only complaining cuz it's Saturday. You wouldn't even care if it was Monday and you were working.

One more degree and it'll be above freezing so I'd get out there in a hurry. Like DG said, it's balmy...steely weather!! Imagine you're steelhead fishing. Just think of all the folks out there catching "your" trout while you're in front of the puter complaining to strangers about the weather.
    Like NIKE says, "Just do it"!!

RW

------------------
    "Maybe your stature as a fly fisherman isn't determined by how big a trout you can catch, but by how small a trout you can catch without being disappointed." <John Gierach>
    "The value of trout is simply that they exist" <Frank Weisbarth>

Getting a clock thats always accurate is difficult. I have one thats accurate twice a day.

jed

ok, I gave up. Too cold for me.

I just put a big pot of escarole, sausage, and bean soup on the stove. Going to tie up another couple dozen flies tonight.

Later this week when all the schlubs are at work and I'm out in 65 degree weather trying not to lift suckers out sideways, this day will just be a chilly memory.
    "If I'm not going to catch anything, then I 'd rather not catch anything on flies" ... Bob Lawless

Diane, IMHO the unacceptable part of our season at this point is the poor water level of our local tribs. If we could get some big rain maybe we would see a good run of rainbows. With good water and rainbows in the stream, I'm sure I could deal with any weather.

Suckers SUCK(good for the kids), I need trout. Big trout!
    Good Luck

------------------
    Land Em',
    Carp

Send more rain, because the 1/10 th of an inch wasn't enough to offset the 40 days without and drop the temperatures from the 80's. The water's so clear the fish can see you coming smiles away unless the winds are up; and on top of that snook season ends this month !

...opening day???....time???...weather???..when time permits (no pun intended), chores are done (thats dark thirty to the critters)& the numerous other misc. things to be done here, THEN thats the TIME to be on the water (and scant little of that these last few years!!)and when on the water, then, & only then, does my so called internal clock kick in!!...when I'm hungry, its dinner time...when I'm tired, its bedtime....when I feel like being on the stream, it is the RIGHT time...so on & so on *G* ...this is acceptable to me!! There are no time devices aboard my camper or on my wrist then & usually I try & work in at least a 3 dayer when going, so...when I leave I check the time & on my way home....other than that, weather be damned....fish !!!!

------------------
    "..so many fish, so many flies..do I have enough time?"
    ...so many boo rods, so many trout....do I have enough time?...

We're finally getting some good weather here in central oregon. Problem is, all the rivers are blown out because the runoff has begun and we're at somewhere around 150% snowpack. Oh well, this winter was good anyway.

Jeremy

Hmmm! It is 87 here today. Unseasonably warm for sure. Bluegills started biting a couple of weeks ago.

Diane. I'll send some warmth your way. Having been raised in the Mohawk valley, I understand what you are going through.

------------------
    Every fly fisherman has an unreasonable view of fly rods, and I am no different. Thomas McGuane

Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anquish. Prov 31:6
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

Diane,
    I'm in Tucson, Arizona sooooooooo I won't tell ya what the temp is. Just that I want to play hooky from work & gooooooo fly fishing !!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread