+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unacceptable

Default Unacceptable

Trout season opened up here in New York 8 days ago. It's only 27degrees out today. This is unacceptable. And that's all I have to say about that.
    "If I'm not going to catch anything, then I 'd rather not catch anything on flies" ... Bob Lawless

Hi Diane,

I'll bet you said more than that in private.

Steve (Rookie)
    Steve

Blog Entries

C'mon Diane, if you were a steelheader that would be balmy. Builds character. That which does not kill us, makes us stronger.

Although it is hard to type with three fingers frozen off.

Cookie Monster

We really don't have a "trout season" here, unless you could 1 Jan. when you get a new license, which would easily be below 27.

We have flood conditions west of us (crested 9.5 feet reported as of yesterday), and there was a major US road closed due to flooding of the Snake and Payette. DH mention, after reviewing the news on TV last night, the small fish below his favorite dam are now in another county down-river. One report state that they were releasing twice as much water as normal.

I know this is old news, but it's an interesting site for US water conditions. [url=http://water.usgs.gov/nwc/back_issues/may97_cov.html:89114]http://water.usgs.gov/nwc/back_issues/may97_cov.html[/url:89114]

Even though we can't fish this week, unless you count lakes and ponds, I am still extremely happy with all the water we're getting and not having yet another drought year.

Oh yeah, that reminds me. We haven't had enough rain either.
    "If I'm not going to catch anything, then I 'd rather not catch anything on flies" ... Bob Lawless

<<perfect if you are another nine inch trout.>>

ROFLMAO

" I mean, rain one minute and sunny the next. What's up with that?"

Well you're in the NW aren't you///[G]

JC,

"Hell, they can't even invent a calander that is exact."

> That's because the calendar was heavily influenced by Roman Caesars. July was not allowed to have more days than August so both months ended up with 31 days. Some month had to suffer the consequences and February got the short end. Of course the 1/4 days worth of the earths rotation had to be accounted for so February gets a full day every 4th(leap) year.

Allan

So, what time is it? No one really knows, so why ask? Some cultures have it right! Time is the most nebulous nothing in the universe. JW

Time, Schmime. It's only 31deg out. And the streams are low. Right now the local kids are out there snagging suckers. With mittens on!

+ Reply to Thread