+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Posting a web picture

Default Posting a web picture

How do you post a picture from another web site or even from another thread on this web site say to this thread?

e.g. like flymaker2 did in the Mouse Pattern thread.

Do you have to somehow get into a storage place like photobucket?....seems like there may be a simpler way????

Hi ducksterman,

I actually managed to get my pictures to photobucket. Technology bypassed me. I can't seem to get the pictures here no matter who's instructions I follow. I just don't understand computer language. I am going to follow the responses and just try to keep learning. Someone will eventually write something that will click. Good luck

Steve (Rookie)
    Steve

\
    In Photobucket, highlight the IMG line under your selected photo and touch "Ctrl C" on your keyboard. Go to FAOL. Click on the topic in which you want to post the photo. Enter "post reply". Place the typing cursor in the empty dialog box and touch "Ctrl V" on your keyboard. A bunch of letters starting with "http:// img.phot....... will appear. That is your photo and will appear in your post when you press SUBMIT.
    By the way, MY photo is at the Silver Skillet Cafe in Atlanta where they asked the help to use whatever letters were available to say " BEST BREAKFAST IN ATLANTA. Oh, well!

Mark

------------------
    I'd rather be in Wyoming!

[This message has been edited by Marco (edited 12 April 2006).]

Steve,
    Mark is answering your question....mine is different...it's not about my own pictures it's about pictures posted on the web...like in an article or say a picture from FAOL archieves????

My apologies. I did get help and posted a picture. Now I just have to get the picture smaller.

thanks
    Steve
    Steve

Steve, photobucket gives you the opportunity to make them smaller by per centage...50% works for me but usually I just post the url and then it's not an issue.

Thanks Ducksterman,

I do learn, sometimes it's just a little slow.

Steve
    Steve

Steve, ... Not really hard to post a picture, ...: [url=http://www.flyanglersonline.com/bb/Forum1/HTML/012417.html:95288]http://www.flyanglersonline.com/bb/Forum1/HTML/012417.html[/url:95288]

Marco, ...

Yes, ... you CAN post a picture on a borad DIRECTLY from another source. You don't need to store it on something like PhotoBucket first.

Note: make sure the image you intend to use isn't copyrighted at the source.

'fur instance, ... when I use pictures here on the board or in articles, ... I "own" the picture, or have made sure from the owner that I can use it.

That said, ... whenever you see a picture on the I*Net, ... it is always sourced from somewhere. Look at the image, move your pointer over the image, click on the RIGHT button,

... you'll see the "properties" of the image, including WHERE it is.

Once you know where the image is sourced from, ... you use the regular [img][/img] codes to insert it into your posting.

Remember to use images that are of reasonable size and definition, ... Bandwidth isn't free

------------------
    Christopher Chin, Jonquiere Quebec
    [url=http://flyanglersonline.com/travel/quebec06fishin/:95288]2006 FishIn Ste-Marguerite River[/url:95288]
    [url=http://pages.videotron.com/fcch/:95288]Fishing the Ste-Marguerite[/url:95288]

[This message has been edited by fcch (edited 12 April 2006).]
    Christopher Chin

Chris...D-man here....Thanks...Marco probably already knew that...and I was close but wasn't doing the IMG thing...makes sense....
    now Im going to try it on the "Mouse Pattern" thread....

Ooops,. ... Sorry Marco, ... The reply was to Duck's question
    Christopher Chin

+ Reply to Thread