+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just wondering

Default Just wondering

Not a gripe, just wondering why I cant log on this site. I try it several times a day and usually get the responce that the server cant be found. I love the just old flies sections, and I would like to get into some swaps. So can you tell me what the problem with the server is?

------------------

Prowanab,

I use to have the same problem until I got DSL which is a high speed service. My dial-up would only allow me to get on about half the time. Usually late at night or early in the morning it was not a problem getting connected but at the "busy" times it was near impossible.

Don't know if that's your problem, but it was mine and thought I would pass it on.

Greg

I'm computer illiterate,but from experience I have Road Runner at my office, no problems, AOL at home alot of problems.

It's good to know I'm not alone.

Your problem is AOL. They really don't want their subscribers to go off their site, and make it very difficult for whose who wish to read other Internet sites to get there. You should have a customer service/tech support phone number. Call them and complain. Squeeky wheels get the oil.

There are some other technical things they do, such as cache pages on remote AOL servers so they don't have to go out and 'get' new pages. That is one of the reasons our Bulletin Board pages load slowly for AOL users...they can't cache those pages.

We have 3 of the fastest 'gamer' servers made, the problem is not on this end.

------------------
    LadyFisher, Publisher of
    FAOL

Prowanab:

Try this, it worked a few years back for some of my customers.
    Log into aol then click on internet explorer on your computer. You should be able to run both, the internet explorer could be set to FAOL as the home page.
    This took you out of AOL and sent you to the internet. AOL is not the internet it is a private computer system that is on the internet. That is the problem they want you to stay on AOL and not see what else there is out there.
    Let me know if it works, it has been a few years since I discovered this work around.

Good luck, and if you are on dial up do not try this it will be soooooo slow you will shoot me.

Harold

aol.....truely sucks....I feel your pain!!!!
    Wish ya great fishing,Bill

When I lost my ISP I tried AOL. I started
    with the 30 days free disc that they have
    virtually everywhere. In less than two days
    I was so exasperated with them that I "fired" them on the spot.*G* Sounds as if
    some of you might want to consider doing the
    same. Warm regards, Jim

Yeah lose AOL. One good thing about AOL...their 30 day free cds's make great coasters for beer mugs and the like

------------------
    Take care everyone and cya around. Mark

[This message has been edited by MarkKillam (edited 23 March 2006).]
    Take care and cya around,

Mark

LF, first of all, I love the site. I learn something new every time I visit and have recommended it to others fairly often. But, I want you to know purely for the purpose of making a great thing (this site) even better, that I have had trouble getting onto the site using dial up at home. I use MS internet explorer for my browser and have used both MSN online and Netscape online for my dial-up provider in the past year. I hope this info helps...although if you can't fix the problem, I sure don't mind having an excuse to sneak a break at work to see what's cooking on FAOL either!

All the best!

+ Reply to Thread