+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Way off topic - What's cookin' tonight

Sorry JC, I was offline an onto dinner...just saw ur post. I thought it was copyright violation to plagerize a recipe out of a mag. If I paraphrase I guess I'll be ok; Thin Spaghetti w Scallops, Fish and Anchovy Sauce: serves (2-3) 1/2lb cod, haddock, Striped bass or other firm white fish, 1/2lb sea scallops,1/4 cup chopped parsley,4 (or more) cloves of Garlic,1/3 cup olive oil, 2tbs butter 1 can of anchovies,1/2lb thin spaghetti, salt and pepper, 6oz. dry white wine, opt cayenne pepper....Melt butter in 3tbs of oil in med heat, peel and crush garlic and saute til browned, add anchovies and mash as it cooks- it will liquify, add parsley -stir then place floured (and salt and peppered) fillets on top, turning once til cooked through. remove the garlic to prevent it burning- now chop it up fine to add later. As this cooks, melt 1 tbs each of butter and oil to a second saute' pan- again over med heat- add scallops. Don't turn them till they are on the verge of burning, then turn and carmelize the other side. Scoop out cooked fish and scallops into a cassarole dish and keep warm in your oven which should be set low (200deg). Now splash 1/2 the wine into each pan- along with the chopped browned garlic and scrape the pans contents into one to get all the tasty bits. Pour this mixture into your cooked, drained spaghetti, mix well. Now you can put the pasta on a platter and top with the fish and scallops. Serve with fresh Italian or French bread and a tossed salad and a chilled white wine and you have a great dinner and saved 50.00 that you would have spent at a restaurant...

------------------
    "Knowledge is knowing, wisdom is understanding"

looks like it will be spaghetti for me....with a twist in it....I put green chilli peppers or jalapeno peppers in it depending on what I have available. I have actually made the sauce using chilli sauce and spaghetti sauce as well. It tastes great and will definitely wake you up if you put too much pepper in or dont like hot food....LOL Any spaghetti I make has ground meat of some sort, black olives, chopped onions and two cans of mushrooms in it

------------------
    Take care everyone and cya around. Mark
    Take care and cya around,

Mark

Tonight, fried chicken and cream corn...

------------------
    Spelling and Grammar not subject to judgement...
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

Wife working ( retail) so it's up to me.
    Grilled marinated skirt steak ( sliced very thin across grain) Grilled asparagus and mashed potatoes.
    A glass or two of "two buck chuck"

Mark
    PS: Call ahead, I'll make more

Tonight will be something very simple, Wegman's or Hoffman's Red Franks in natural casings and Bush's baked beans.

Boil the franks for six minutes then put them under the broiler or pan fry till they're browned to suit.
    it makes a good shore lunch too!

P.S.
    Duke has confided in me on how to vary the beans...but I'll never tell!

Beano works!

Wegman's has moved into Maryland and I'll bet they've already found many customers there. One of Upstate NY'S outstanding supermarkets proves this area is still good for sumthun!

Ol' Bill

Wow, everything sounds great. LF is really going to have to get on you folks about sending in recipees for What's Cooking.

Jim, I don't know how anything so disqusting and stinky can taist so good, but Thai food just wouldn't be Thai food with out "Fish sauce".

Ed

Ribs marinated over night in orange juice
    been in the smoker for about 5 hours over apple wood smoke.
    just mixed up a blend of bbq.sauce and orange marmalade to glaze them.
    cornbread is ready to go in the oven
    red and black bean chili with sweet corn
    simmering on the stove and a big pot of white rice to mix in with my chili.
    haven't figured out dessert yet probably
    old fashioned vanilla ice cream and glazed
    apples
    We all know the area code for heaven is 406

Wife in process of making:

a tomato sauce with veal/peppers/onions served over spagetti + a salad + Garlic bread.

Allan

haha !! You guys are lucky, Bill is getting...Frozen Pizzas tonight. I cooked all week, the went to DMV today @@. Dinner was of convenience for me tonight...Had he wanted something fancy, I guess he should have spoke up.

Tonight it was long grain and wild rice with a tomato-based sauce and chunked tuna meat. Not the nicest meal in the world, but sure beats pizza or ramen noodles for a college student.

+ Reply to Thread