+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Men over 40

Default Men over 40

Gentlemen et al,
    Something you should consider when you hit that milestone is getting , by less than medical terms, an orifice scoping. I just got the results of my recent "adventure" and thankfully all was normal.
    Many problems that these scopings reveal can be easily dealt with if discovered early.
    BTW,the "cleansing" prep in the day before is a bit "tedious" but the proceedure itself is completely painless since it is done under general, mild, anesthesia. And they give you some great "stuff" to calm you before and after.
    These proceedures, the annual "digital exam" and PSA blood tests should be done.
    Remember, you're only invincible on the waters.

Mark
    PS: There WERE places in this post to insert humor but good taste prevailed.

I can attest to the importance of doing this early. Had I gone at 50, or 55, or even at 60 perhaps I would not have had to go thru all I have had to. As Mark said, it is completely painless. You will open your eyes and ask when are they going to start?...The prep? Just stay near the bathroom and wear sweat pants or pajamas , something you can get down in a hurry. No buckles or buttons etc...LOL>

I'm doing the countdown for my prep. I have 3 hours before I'm supposed to start it. I get the scope first thing tomorrow morning.

Mike

------------------
    There is no greater fan of flyfishing than the worm.

Patrick McManus

I had my first scope 5 years ago (I was 35) because colon cancer runs in the family. I am scheduled to have another one done this year. All clear last time, proving that 5 years ago I was a perfect a$$hole (ha,ha). I haven't changed much so I am hoping for the same results again this year.

------------------
    "If it was easy anybody could do it"
    Timothy S. Furey Sr.

anyone care for a phospho soda?

According to my doc, all women over 50 should be getting the same orifice checked with the same frequency. Just in case you women out there were feeling all warm and fuzzy and lucky-not-to-be-a-guy.
    "If I'm not going to catch anything, then I 'd rather not catch anything on flies" ... Bob Lawless

Great advice! I got scared last year & had my 1st physical in 19 years, including the colonoscopy. All was well & I won't be neglecting my health like that again.

Hey Mike.....Set your recliner, library, & TV right by the "john" door!...but just for today! LOL!! Actually, as everyone else said, you'll wake up & ask when they're gonna start. Then you'll want to go straight to a restaurant!

Mark...Good taste prevailed??..Nope!-I'm Irish.
    Mike

------------------
    This site's about sharing!
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Marco I am geting all of your E-mail and others take me off your contact list for a while and lets see if it clears up

Thanks
    Rich

Is a prostate exam part of the proceedure, or is that a separate issue? Thanks Lew
    They're just fish, right? Right?

Lew,

That's a separate issue, but "git'er done". I know of what I speak, pheeew, that was close!

Jim

+ Reply to Thread