+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: We Had a Thief Here!

Default We Had a Thief Here!

Unfortunately one of the people offering items for sale on our board is a thief.
    We have been contacted by two people who bought and paid for things and did not receive them, and when the person was contacted, (many, many emails) promises for refund of money was made but didn't happen. I attempted to help, but I received the same promises without action.

We have Banned him from this board, and suggest if you are one of the people who he scammed, contact the Sheriffs's Department in Appleton, Wisconsin and file a claim for theft.

Then, since this was done via the US Post Office, call your local Post Office and ask to file a claim with their Inspector. It then becomes a Federal Offense.

The person is Troy Stoeger, his name on the board was Slamming Salmon.

(I have also posted this on the Things For Sale board)

[This message has been edited by LadyFisher (edited 20 September 2005).]

LF,

Sorry to hear that a couple of FAOLers got taken by this guy. Thanks for the heads up.

Allan

nighthawk Guest

I cannot tolerate a thief!! I hope the law throws the book at him. To do this to the fine folks on this board just turns my stomach!

------------------
    Eric "nighthawk"

Air Cavalry all the way! When a voice cries out in distress, we will be there, no matter what the cost.

LF, ...

That's really sad. I guess it serves as fair warning to those of us looking for stuff.

Also, ... fair warning to those unscrupulous folks, ... you will be found and named on the I*Net.

------------------
    Christopher Chin, Jonquiere Quebec
    [url=http://pages.videotron.com/fcch/:5c3ef]Fishing the Ste-Marguerite[/url:5c3ef]
    Christopher Chin

Blog Entries

LadyFisher, I used to work for the USPS. Please believe me when I tell you that I NEVER met a postal inspector that did't love their job. If the information that you have is accurate and sombeody uses it to file a complaint, then the culprit is looking at time in a Federal penitentiary. I think that quite a few of the postal inpectors in the U.S. take each case of mail fraud that they work as a personal affront.

I have to agree with EdD.

My next door neighbor is a
    postmaster, and he said that this
    is one thing that "the government"
    takes very seriously and does
    a good job at!

------------------
    **MW**

I just sent a last email to the gentleman in question requesting a final resolution to the problem, or I will find it necessary to follow up with the postal inspector and his local law enforcement people. This whole mess started with a cashier's check sent on 6/3/05 and I am still waiting. I would have been much happier to donate to the victims of Katrina than to the vacation fund of a former FAOL member. It takes the fun out of bargian hunting.

Chris,
    I'm no attorney, but if papaloff sent that check to another State, isn't that "interstate commerce" & wouldn't that involve Federal law in some way?
    If NOTHING else, I know many of our members here also frequent other boards & word of folks like this does manage to get out.
    As Chris Chin alluded to, "what goes around, comes around."
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

As the son of a former asst postmaster they take VERY much offense to this and even a $20.00 bill will get attention.Don't take no for an answer from postal or local states atturney (sp) thats their JOB. Most would love to aid in this. Just unclip the leash and say sickum.

Blog Entries

Note that "taking it to the federal level" should be as easy as speaking to the acting postmaster at your local post office. If they don't help out, then contact a regional center or their e-mail address and let them know that the locals didn't help. Trust me, there is somebody at the USPS who would to et involved. [url=http://www.usps.com/postalinspectors/:83701]http://www.usps.com/postalinspectors/[/url:83701]
    Good Luck,
    Ed

+ Reply to Thread