+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nothing like getting outfished by your wife...

Default Nothing like getting outfished by your wife...

Last June I married the girl that I dated through all of college. When we met several years ago, she had just come back from working for a summer at Yellowstone where, she told me, she had spent her summer catching trout with a 4 weight rod. At that moment I knew that she was my dream girl.

Years went by, and with school being busy we never had time to fish together, save a couple of trips to Florida where she sat on the beach, and I waded out into the surf with a spinning rod.

Having just gotten married, we moved to Florida, and one afternoon I proposed that we go to the lake near our house and throw a few flies. Having never seen her cast a fly rod, I expected that because she hadn't done it in several years, she'd need some time to re-learn. Not so: she made me look like the amateur that I am. She could place her fly in a six inch space between two lilly pads, with almost half of her line out, while I was struggling to keep the knots out of my leader.

When I thought i'd suffered enough embarassment, the Fish and Game ranger showed up and asked me "Takin' casting lessons from that gal over there?"

Okie, ...

Sounds like you got a "keeper"

------------------
    Christopher Chin, Jonquiere Quebec
    [url=http://pages.videotron.com/fcch/:25b7f]Fishing the Ste-Marguerite[/url:25b7f]
    Christopher Chin

Once you are accustomed to being outfished the rest is a piece of cake. Enjoy, you may not know how lucky you are.

------------------
    LadyFisher, Publisher of
    FAOL

Okie,

Congrats.

If I were outfished by my wife, I'd be extremely happy.

Allan

if I could git my wife out fishin' I'd be happy to be outfished.....lol....

mojo

[This message has been edited by mojoman (edited 13 October 2005).]

Okie, for the first time this year my wife joined me fly fishing on a couple of outings. This year we fished more bass than trout, a real switch for me. But, wouldn't you know it she did take the biggest bass of the summer for our family. That day was a good day.-Yaf
    A warm summers rain falls down on a quiet fishing stream
    Lined with cabins, smoke straight to the sky
    Two ol fishin buddies with never a care
    Teasing a trout with a fly.
    (Simani, "This Isle of Mine")

nighthawk Guest

Ya got a good one Okie_Noodler. Hang onto that gal no matter what it takes.
    My Amy had fun learinig to cast and don't even challenge her to a shooting match with my 30-06 rifle. I think it's great!

------------------
    Eric "nighthawk"

It's a great day for fly fishing!

I do not know what the big deal is with women fishing. I have known and fished with many fisherwomen over the years some with a fly rods and others gear.
    As for women shooters I have meet many of them as well, including my own Mother who just took the Bronze in the USA Senior games for her cowboy shooting. She is very good with both the shootgun and riffle and ok with the pistol and my Dad could not be prouder of her for her trophy even though he did not get any take home no trophy himself this time.
    Of course I live in Seattle and so I guess we still have a little of the wild west spirit left out here and maybe those of you back East have lived with that color moving photo box {I think you call it a boob tube or something} just a little longer then we have. {its a joke son}
    The one thing I have found over the years is that many women are scared to go out into the woods by them selves now days. Its not the bears, snakes or any thing, it all the meth heads and other low lifes you find around many of the rivers out here. To often cars out here are broken into at trail heads and river fishing hole pull outs. The other trouble some of them seem to have is small children. Amie has had a few diffrent women from the day care she works for, ask to join us on our fishing trips because they enjoyed fishing with their fathers and grandfathers but are not comfortable going out alone and so they just have not kept up with the sport but would like to do it again. I have already picked up a few spare rods and hope to help take some of these gals out with us when things like child care can be worked out.

neat lady you have there. My wife has just started flyfishing with me and I am excited beyond words. Good for the both of you

I'm used to it...

Where in Florida did you move, Okie?

+ Reply to Thread