+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Another Bali bombing

Default Another Bali bombing

I don't know if this stuff gets much attention by American press. You have enough of your own dramas to cover, but we just had another cafe bombing in our popular and sleepy little Indonesion resort of Bali last night. There are several deaths and many injured but sadly I do not know the nationalities of the non ozzies yet. Just spare a thought, is all, if you would.
    "We do not inherit the earth; we borrow it from our children."

Sadly the more press they get the more they want.Yes Gringo it is being well covered.My prayers are with those injured and the deceased along with the families.My prayers are also with those that have been forced to witness this situation.

nighthawk Guest

Gringo,
    I heard about it on Fox News. It is very sad. My thoughts and prayers are also with those poor folks.

------------------
    Eric "nighthawk"

"The only stupid question is the one that doesn't get asked. It will get you and your pilots killed.". From SSG Anthony Edmunds, 6th Air Cavalry

Gringo;
    My question is "WHY"? Why care what you believe, what does it take to make enough diffence to kill for? You and I may disagree on many subjects but still remain friends out of respect for one another.
    Forgive the rambling response, hard to answer.

[This message has been edited by Jack Hise (edited 03 October 2005).]

Why indeed Jack. We have lost a lot of innocence in the past few years.

We can no longer snooze happily on public transport, catch a plane without getting scanned, searched, monitored and checked, trust that the kids are safe, or laze on a foreign beach without the fear of being blown up by a fanatic with a bomb full of ball bearings.

And in Bali? Bali of all places, where a bar girl once described to me the worst thing she could imagine happening while out alone late at night - losing her handbag.

She had no capacity to even think of anything worse.

Like I say, we have gone a long way in the past few years.
    "We do not inherit the earth; we borrow it from our children."

I can only echo Teasels post. My heart is heavy..Bob

+ Reply to Thread