+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I was so hopefull.....

Default I was so hopefull.....

?. that this time, while we fished, and Abby stayed in the kennel, that she'd learned a new trick.

Since we came home, we'd hear the potty flush on unexplained occasions. Cary and I would look at each other, knowing we'd had nothing to do with it, and wonder. Wonder more because Abby would come trotting into the room, with her ever-present smile, right after the flushing!

Could it be?!? Was our puppy potty trained?!? If so, she never left the light on, or the water running in the sink, or the towels on the floor, like the grand kids did.

Kept my ears open, and leapt at the next sound of the flusher.... coming from in front of me, and Abby, smiling, following behind. Hopes dashed. A quick trip to the hardware store, a few minutes immersed in tank water, new flapper ball installed? and no more flushings.

Oh, well. There's always the next trip and I can still hope.

------------------
    Trouts don't live in ugly places
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Hey Betty,

Many years ago, my Mom had a cat that we
    pulled out of a sack as a kitten when
    someone threw it over the bridge railing
    from a moving car. We just happened to be
    fishing in the shade under the bridge in a
    boat. We took it home and had her for
    almost 15 years. One day my Mom called me
    into the hall outside the bathroom. She
    pointed inside. The cat was straddling the
    seat doing her business. She continued to
    do so until shortly before she died. She
    never did learn to flush however. Good
    luck! Warm regards, Jim

3. Default

My collie/greyhound cross walks past her water bowl to drink from the toilet bowl... a more intelligent dog i have never had but, in some things, they just NEED to let you down!!

As a typical bloke, i always left the seat up .... until i got me this lurcher! :0)

Andy

We never got that lucky to have a dog that was that familiar with the "facilities." But... we had a collie/shepherd cross that my mother taught to ring the doorbell to come in the house when she was through with her business outside.

Mike

------------------
    There is no greater fan of flyfishing than the worm.

Patrick McManus

nighthawk Guest

Love the post, Betty. My dad's beagle used to love to "drive" the truck when we went hunting. He would sit in dad's lap with both front paws on the wheel beside dad's hands. Barking and waging all the way.

------------------
    Eric "nighthawk"

An American Proverb:
    Perseverance will accomplish all things.

try having a basset that likes to sit in your lap(80lbs) then add a state tropper with a sense of humor.
    pulled me over aproached the door and ask for a drivers license. As I reached for mine he said "Not yours sir,HIS". He then started laughing and scratching my puppy's head, Told me the look on my face was worth every secound of the time.
    Had to laugh with him after all it was pretty good.

Blog Entries

There was a rat dog that used to stay at the elevator I worked at as a kid. She would go into the office restroom for a drink. If it wasn't "fresh" she would stand and bark until someone came and flushed. Now, that's *smart*.
    "Flyfishing is not a religion. You can make up your own rules as you go.".. Jim Hatch.. 2/27/'06

Good Story Betty--Dogs are pretty smart so you never know what to expect from them. I'm still a litte worried about Bear, our family dog, stealing my pickup to chase ducks in our local park or drive around his doggy pals all night long so they can howl at the moon. I just hope those doggone dogs chip in for some gas money.

+ Reply to Thread