+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Ekich Bobbin

Default The Ekich Bobbin

Well, I'll make a long story short ... I ordered one of Faruk's bobbins at the end of June and apparently the US Post Office lost it. I emailed Faruk last week to see if he could track it down and he did one better, he sent another one to me using a different carrier, no questions asked. I received the new bobbin yesterday and used it for the first time tonight ... it was well worth the wait, simple and ingenious. It will definitely improve my efficiency at the vise. Kudos to Faruk for a great product and great service. As for the US Postal Service, that's for another thread ...

Auto-bobbins are SWEEEET!
    As for U.S.P.S. service, we must say we were just this week amazed by their speed and effeciency in delivering to us and from us some flies and reels. They did a splendid job!
    Guess when jillions of stuff gets handled, some just has to go to poop. I know a bigger % of my handling goes than most others'. Sorry it had to be you.
    ...lee s.

Thank you Adam,
    I am glad you like it. As for the USPS, lee s is right. They work hard especialy at this time end age and he who works, can make a mistake. Most of my shippments get there in time.
    Best fishes

Maybe I'm just the unlucky one concerning the post office, however about 2 years ago, my children forgot their GameBoys at their grandparents house. They mailed them to us and we never saw them again - the mailing was handled at a store similar to Mail Boxes Plus however so I can't be sure they ever really made it to the post office.

At any rate, I'm glad the bobbin has arrived and after only an hour or so of tying with it I can't imagine tying on a rotary vise without it.

A&W-
    Well another convert! Congrats on the aquisition of a genuine Ekich Bobbin.

As to the USPS-In over 10 years of some serious hobby shipments and ordering a ton of gear on-line, I will say that they have never-ever lost an item that I have mailed. They have taken their good sweet time on a couple of occasions however.

Another point. Faruk is in Canada. So for the USPS to have lost the package-it would firstly had to have made it out of Canada and into the USPS system!

One time I was sent some flies by SheTies. We both thought for sure that they had been forever lost. They did arrive-albeit at a very relaxed pace.

So never give up hope on getting your mail from our northern friends!

Rich

+ Reply to Thread