+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Great service from L.L Bean

Default Great service from L.L Bean

I finaly decided to try out L.L Bean, since I had heard so much about it. I bought a kids first cast outfit for a friend the other day. Under the shipping details, it said that regular shipping was 4-6 days, but my friend needed it in 3 to bring on a fishing trip. It would have cost is $8 more to expediate it, which we were going to do, But before we did I called them first. The saleslady said to do the regular shipping, that it would be there quickly. So I ordered it, and it arrived in 2 1/2 days! That is the fastest shipping I have seen in a long time, and I plan to give them more of my business in the future.

[This message has been edited by sculpinflytier (edited 01 July 2005).]

i'll give you a little tip:
    if you want, you can get an ll bean credit card, which give you free shipping and money back in ll bean gift certificates.

one thing that also needs to be said is that they have unbelievable customer service. they have mastered the art of making the customer happy and in turn created a successful business.

Blog Entries

They also have great wading boots. They may seem expensive, but they will last 2-3 times longer than other wading boots that I have used.
    Steve

------------------
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went"-Will Rogers
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went"
    Will Rogers

I had just got the L.L. Bean credit card, so I got the free shipping. But even if you had to pay for the shipping, it's pretty cheap. I hope I don't ever have to use their customer service, but if I do I'm sure I'll be pleased.

This past spring I sent my '60s-era Bean boots (the rubber-bottomed- leather tops) back for new bottoms, as they were completely worn out. Sure didn't wear good!! Ha! Anyway, they sewed on new bottoms, gave me new laces and cushioned inserts, and shipped them back within two weeks. All for 50 bucks. What service!

------------------
    I fly fish the salt because the voices in my head tell me to...
    I flyfish the salt because the voices in my head tell me to...

Sculpin, I bought a 6wt rod at the main store in Freeport back in the summer of '89 as a high school grad present to myself.Many a steelhead,brookie,smallie & pickerel were hauled in on the rod. In the 2003 season, the locking rings on the reel seat started to wear a bit, and the next winter, a 14" piece of the tip mysteriously parted company with the rod. I called Bean's to see if they might have a replacement tip kicking around. They asked if there was anything else wrong with it, & I mentioned the rings. I had long since forgotten about their satisfaction guarantee, and the nice lady told me that I was to send it to them, and that they would do what they could for me. A month later, a brand new rod appeared at my door!! Not only that, but they re-imbursed me for the shipping from Canada. Extreme kudos to the folks at LL Bean. A credit to our industry!!! Jamie

------------------
    Tight Lines & Big Smiles
    Take A Kid Fishing!!!
    Take a Kid Fishing. HECK, take ME Fishing(and my kids,LOL)

+ Reply to Thread