+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cabelas rod replacement

Default Cabelas rod replacement

After reading 'From JC', here in the Sound Off, and getting what I think is a "go ahead". I would like to say that IMHO Cabelas has awesome customer service.
    As a long time trout fisherman, last year I decided to try it on the fly. I didn't have any ffing gear, and I am on a limited budget. I decided on the Cabelas Prestige combo and purchased it in early Febuary. Just enough time to get everything lined up for season(couldn't wait). Trout season rolled around and I made two trips to the stream with satisfactory results. On the third trip(no pun intended!) I slipped heading down to the stream and broke my rod. I'm sure many folks have been there but, this almost caused me to seek mental help(never broke a rod in 29 yrs). When I returned home I had to wait 3hrs for the store where I purchased it opened and received phone calls. I talked w/ a gentleman in the fly shop about getting the rod repaired. He told me to send the rod back and they would see if it was possible. That day,I sent the rod and two days later I received a brand new rod in the mail.

Thank you Cabelas, for the great customer service!

Jeff Sayre
    jsay44@yahoo.com

------------------
    Land Em',
    Carp

excellent service. it's good to hear these stories, both good and bad.

I ordered a 3wt outfit from Cabela's and when it was shipped I rec'd a tracking #. After tracking the rod to delivery, I did not receive the package. I called Cabela's and spoke to Customer Service and I also called UPS. Both said they would see what could be done. As luck would have it, I took a walk that evening and saw the package at the house 2 doors away. I then contacted Cabela's again and told them I found the package, and not to worry about the outfit.
    Two days later, I rec'd another outfit from Cabela's to replace the one that was suposedly lost. I contacted them again and they arranged pick-up thru UPS.
    You cannot beat service like that, and I remain impressed with their customer service!More companies should follow ther example. Cabela's I mean, not UPS!.... Rob

Dude, I'm impressed you didn't keep them both! Now that is Customer sevice!

Its nice to hear that other people have had great service from Cabelas. If people ask me where to get something, thats where I send them 1st.

------------------
    Land Em',
    Carp

Ohiotuber and I are planning a gettogather at the Cabela's in Dundee, MI. The "Biggest Tourist Attraction in Michigan!!". Maybe a dry land Fish-In!!??

------------------
    Cactus

I've always had good luck with Cabela's. I think they run a first class operation. I have heard a few bad things about their fly rods but I often pack a 5 wt. Stowaway on my Harley when I don't want to risk losing a more expensive rod. It's been a great rod and it catches fish. It's easy for me to cast too.

[This message has been edited by Jtaylor (edited 31 May 2005).]

+ Reply to Thread