+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fun With Your Microwave

Default Fun With Your Microwave

JC says nuke a nightcrawler.

I say, place a discarded data CD on several layers of paper towels. Set power to high. Set time to 10 seconds. BE SURE YOU WATCH CAREFULLY THROUGH THE WINDOW. Usually the effect is within 5 seconds. Open the door immediately.

Disclaimer: I take no responsibility for results. I've demonstrated this several times, with no detectable damage to my microwave, but who knows? Some odor. Best done when the wife is not home.

I know a few other cool things to nuke, but what's your never-gonna-make-Betty-Crocker microwave recipe?

Jim

That's funny nw, are ya gonna cause me to burn down my apt??? "G" ya know, a single guy will try almost anything once...lol

------------------
    Spelling and Grammar not subject to judgement...
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

ever put one your moms fine dinner plates in the microwave? You know the ones with the gold leaf around the edges? cool light show. And no worries, it doesn't hurt the microwave a bit. Ya gotta watch mythbusters to know this for sure. Those guys do some really off the wall experiments.

------------------
    Remember to take a kid fishing.

Put in a raw egg, set timer for 5 minutes(it takes less) watch and enjoy. The egg dances before blowing up.
    The man who coined the phrase "Money can't buy happiness", never bought himself a good fly rod!

"ever put one your moms fine dinner plates in the microwave? You know the ones with the gold leaf around the edges? cool light show. And no worries, it doesn't hurt the microwave a bit. Ya gotta watch mythbusters to know this for sure. Those guys do some really off the wall experiments."

It is, however, bad for the gold leaf on the plates.

[This message has been edited by Bill Blake (edited 25 April 2005).]

Yes it is very, VERY, bad on the gold leaf, or should I say golden burnt stuff.

------------------
    Remember to take a kid fishing.

"According to Hostess, it takes forty-five seconds to explode a Twinkie in a microwave."

I went looking for microwave fun on Snopes.com (one of the urban legends sites) and found this gem (after not finding anything pertinent to this topic right away). The Urban Legend had to do with the twinkie's shelf life, the above statement was at the end the article.
    [url=http://www.snopes.com/food/ingredient/twinkies.htm:7629c]http://www.snopes.com/food/ingredient/twinkies.htm[/url:7629c]

[This message has been edited by Bill Blake (edited 25 April 2005).]

When I used to live in the dorms my roomate and I enjoyed putting anything and everything in the floor microwave just to see what happend. Most of the time things just smoked and stunk up the kitchen for a few hours, but the CD trick was always a favorite as well as some good old aluminum foil.

Dang! Ya mean that I'm not the only one? First wife called me from work one eve and asked me to put a couple of potato(e)s in the oven...no micros in those days and baked potatoes took quite a bit longer. She no sooner walked into the kitchen when KA-POOF the first potato went off. She opened the oven door and KA-POW the other one exploded and showered her and the whole kitchen with white instant mashed! That was wife #1 and I got this one #2 with Ray's egg mehod. There won't be a #3 but I think I'd like to try a pumpkin!

Ol' Bill

I once put a tube of caulk in the microwave,
    you know, to kind of warm it up so it would
    flow out of the tube better.

Well.........there is some metal on the ends of it, sparks started, and just when I opened the door........well you know the rest.

Cleaning up silicone caulk is not a fun job.
    It was not only in the microwave, but all over me and the kitchen. The wife was madder
    than a wet hen. Never seen her that mad,
    before or since.

------------------
    **MW**

+ Reply to Thread