+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Saltwaterline

Default Saltwaterline

My name is Kent Petersen and i live in Sweden i wright english as i speak it,sorry.
    I going to by new lines for my rods Sage Xi2-wt8 , CTS Affinity Salt- wt9. Here in Sweden we dont have much experience of tropical flyfishing so i cant get much help. I have SA Mastery Series Saltwater- Saltwater. It?s a very good line if it?s not to much wind but i am going to Los Roques this winter and there it?s windy all time. I do think the problem is that the head is to long.The good thing with that line is that i can use it here in Sweden also where the climate is not tropics. Fore my frechwater fishing in Sweden i use SA Ultra 4 and very pleased with it . Is SA Ultra 4 Saltwater lines something considering.
    I need yours input of-opinion-thoughts-experience of all of the the lines out there on the market, Scientific Anglers, Rio , Jim Tenny , Cortland.............................
    I realy need yours help and should value every thoughts.
    KentP

Welcome to the site Kent. I have found that all of SA's lines are good. I'm especially impressed with the Supreme II lines and the new Redfish Taper isn't too bad, however, it doesn't seem to float as high as the Supreme II, but has a shorter front taper and is heavier. I'm on the east central coast of Florida and the wind is always present when I take out a flyrod. Good luck and I hope this helps.

Thank's for the reply. There are two lines that i do think looks interesting , one is 2tone Bermuda Triangle Taper with J3 and the other one is Scientific Anglers Redfish. Has anybody try them.
    kentP

Kent, I did a review on the redfish line a few months back (look under the product review page on this site). Not a bad line. It's a little heavy on the front taper, but performs beautifully in heavy winds.
    Here's the link to the review... [url=http://www.flyanglersonline.com/prorevw/redfishtaper.html:b5439]http://www.flyanglersonline.com/prorevw/redfishtaper.html[/url:b5439]

[This message has been edited by Flats Dude (edited 20 July 2006).]

+ Reply to Thread