+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I Think I'm alone...

Default I Think I'm alone...

Now with Micus in Montana learning to be a trout weenie (giving up the salt), I know there are those that are willing to step into his shoes (yuck) and get back into the spirit of the true pirates we once were.
    Sooooooooo...when was the last time you fished the salt and what happened?
    I haven't been in two weeks, but I'm planning on a trip this Saturday for a few reds and trout.
    AAARRRGGGHHH!

Amongst the Mangroves of West Central, Florida

Last time I tried to fish the salt I was spending a long weekend on Big Pine Key. I got a refresher course on tropical storms by way of "Alberto".

I got approximately 2 hours on the water via the kayak Friday morning. Fished about 10 minutes. This was a paddling trip only with wife ... no "real" fishing was intended from the getgo.

A maiden voyage for the wife on a kayak ... says she enjoyed it.

Friday afternoon, winds picked up.

Saturday, winds picked up even more.

Sunday, sustained tropical storm winds still there.

Monday, drove home to guess who ... yep, "Alberto". He was up around Tampa by the time I went home.

Tried twice lately to fish a couple of freshwater ponds in the Green Swamp. Stanley Hole and Maynard Mines. Gates were locked both times I went.

So, I posted a message asking saltydancindave if he was going to target those beach Snook in the next 5 days since I was off. Thought I might help him catch a couple. Next thing I knew, JC & LF's server went kapoot and never heard anything from him.

Good Luck Saturday!

Back to work today!

Lot's of "frowny faces" in this post ... sorry.

------------------
    ________
    Gil

[This message has been edited by FL_SKIBUM (edited 06 July 2006).]
    "Only the half-mad are wholly alive." ~~ Edward Abbey

My name is Jed. Its been three weeks since I last fished the salt. I have an addiction that I cannot feed at this time.

I hope to get out next Thursday sailing and will keep an eye out. A sailboat is not the best fishing platform, but it is much better than none at all.

As for stepping into Micus' shoes... I won't go there, thats for sure.

jed

Flats;

I got so desperate for the salt water that I went on the Skyway fishing pier one night. I took a spinning reel but pretended to fish with it. I needed the salt that badly.

Harold

Ok I cannot do this any longer.

Why is Micus in Montana? I know I have been under the weather a little but to miss something that big, I must have been sicker than I thought.

So come on someone please tell me so I can sleep tonight.

Harold

Change in status, job, marriage, interests, writing destinations.

Thanks JC

That tells a lot in a few words.

I wish him all the best in his new ventures.

Sure did like bragging about my friend at MIT.... OH well....

Harold

While the Flats Dude got "decked" & Harold had to have some pier line wetting, never got FL SKI_BUMS post so much to their amay, yes I went back and fished the Manasota Key AQUARIUM.....again today & it was snook after snook since there was a light sea breeze from about 9 this morn ! Also caught some blue runners, baby gag groupers & only lost 3 flies to the prey, but that doesn't count the hook throws that were about a 1/4 of as many fish as were beached ! Since the red tide reports have started in Collier & southern Lee Counties thought it prudent to get in all the fly fishing possible before red tide gets here; and as long as the fish are on the beach & game.......now for a new #9 WF-I as the 9 years of fishing has finally worn the coating from the core.......

Blog Entries

Harold, maybe he's at the Montana Institute of Technology, MIT West.

SDD...that just ain't fair! Thanks for sending the pics tho, sure looks like "home" to me.

HH, yeah, Dave has left the salt, however he might be tempted to come on down to fish here someday.

+ Reply to Thread