+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AAARRRGGGHHH

Just cut the rear end off a turkey, use the whole tail feather set up and yank one of those 6/0 into the meat part. Take an old trolling rod, cut the butt off the handle up to the reel seat, attach a big ole Penn 4/0 on upside down, use some parachute cord for line and some heavy weed wacker line for leader and your good to go.

Jonezee

You promised not to tell everyone about my tarpon setup and here you are telling the biggest pirate of us all... He will give away our secrets for a pint of rum,

Whoa is me, now what am I going to do the tarpon populations will be smaller next year.

<grin>

Harold

Harold! A pint of run???!!! I'd give away my mother's secrets for a half pint!!! Do yo think I'm a snobby pirate or something???

Blog Entries

Dave, if you like a "snoot full" of rum, would that make you a snooty pirate?

And be warned, I have concocted a limerick just for you (and your fellow 'yackers up in MA).

[This message has been edited by EdD (edited 15 June 2006).]

Ed,
    A "snoot full"??...Did you see Micus on TV fishin' for stripahs?...THAT snoot'll hold a fifth easy!
    Mike

------------------
    You can call me Mike & you can call me Mikey..Just remember that this site's about sharing!
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Blog Entries

Ouch! Poor Dave. Poor, poor Dave.

Do you think that I should tell him about our striper fishing down here? Shucks, we don't ever have to spend the winter without stripers. And we got <shhhhhh> (distilleries) down here, too.

We've got a whole group of guys that hit the water about 04:00 and still get in to work at 09:00. The difference between them and most of the folks going in to work at 09:00 is that they have usually caught 2 - 9 stripers before hitting the office. For some reason or other that seems to give them some sort of competitive advantage. There is a lake (Percy Priest) about a mile from where I sit that gives up stripers in the 40-50 pound-class. It has big bluegills, too.

[This message has been edited by EdD (edited 16 June 2006).]

Dave, moving to Montana means you will have to give up all rights and cash flow from Micus's Striper flies, now we all can make millions.

------------------
    Who has time for stress when there are fish to catch.
    Nick
    Your hooks sharp????

+ Reply to Thread