+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: They are early, hey Dave

Default They are early, hey Dave

The big stripers have once again returned to the Jersey Shore. They are about 2 weeks earlier that the past few years.

I had 6 fish Monday, the largest weighed 30.4 Lbs. Hope they remain here a long long time (sorry Dave). Dave I'll let you know when the start up your way.

Good Luck all.

Larry

Wow! Nice fish. I've been catching some but nothing like that...but Larry, (sob) I'm moving to Montana....gonna be a trout weenine!

D. Micus.....gonna fish for BAIT?!
    Sorry, just had to.
    Oh yeah, NICE striper!
    ....lee s.

[This message has been edited by lee s (edited 26 May 2006).]

Lee, if I cut my 10 wt. in half, will it be a 5 wt? I keep readin' I'll need one of them little pixie sticks.

I stand with head bowed and a silent tear runs down my face. We have lost a pirate.

You can always try introducing striped bass to the local trout stream! Remember that the California striped bass come from the river 10 miles from where I live. It might work.

Please turn in your eye patch and tatoo and you will be issued a small bottle of white wine and wedge brie.

Oh the shame of it all.

Good luck
    Larry

D,
    It sounds VERY logical to me, the "halving" of the rod. I would cut it "longwards" though, instead of "sidewards". You are strongly advised to check with the boys at "Rod Building" as to the effeciency of this proceedure, and NOT take my word on it, before sharpening your Dremel.
    I can see it now.....identical, matching 5wts!!!
    Good luck on your move. I hope your fishing "philosophy" is someting like "anything close that will pull on the string.......".

lee, that is my philosophy on fishing. as a matter of fact, it's my philosophy on strippers, too!

larry, i'm hoping i will be a prodigal son--returning someday, hat in hand, to my beloved stripers. until then i have to get one of those vests with a million pockets and fill all those pockets with a fly to represent every insect in the entire phylogeny of insects, and learn their latin names, too. and maybe buy a tweed barbour hat and smoke a pipe and learn to tie knows on 12X tippets. oh, the shame!

I knew he was on the fence when he spoke to our TU chapter and he wouldn't let me buy him a beer....I can't cover for you any more Dave- ur out of the closet....

Wish I could see Dave's fist day in Montana, Stringing up his rod and casting his usual cast, clear across the river into the trees. Then he'll retrieve it and cast again, hoping his 3/0 Clouser will bring him a fish.

Good luck Dave.

jed

Bummer, He will go from Rum to martini's or just a good cold beer.

I wish you good fortune on your new adventure and may you find the stream of your dreams.

Philip

------------------
    Excuse my spelling and Gramma, I hooked mondays and Fridays so I could either hunt or fish.

[This message has been edited by old geezer (edited 30 May 2006).]
    Excuse my spelling and grammar, I hooked Mondays and Fridays to either fish or hunt.

+ Reply to Thread