+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cozumel Help

Default Cozumel Help

Hey everyone, new to the forum, and was wondering if anyone had any advice as to fly fishing in Cozumel, Mexico. I will be there for a port of call with a cruise for 1 day. I have contacted some guides i found with an internet search, and havs started a dialogue with one. If anyone has any experience here i would appreciate it. Also as far as tackle goes, is a Temple Fork Outfitters, Professional Series, 4 piece, 10 wieght adequate for this type of fishing, or do i really need a faster action rod. I have the afore mentioned rod, but have never had occasion to pull it out. Thanks for any and all help

4>---->

4arrows - I am lucky to go on a cruise with the Mrs every other year or so. My experience, it is a big gamble to book a guide if you are only in port for one day. If the guides engine fails or soemthing eventiful happens that causes you to return late, the ship will leave without you. Your $50.00 3 hour tour could turn into a $800.00 helicopter trip to the next port to catch up with your family and the cruise ship. I have made special trip to Mexico just to fish, a great bargin for the price but IMO no on a cruise. IF the ship books it and you miss the boat you are OK. If you book it yourself, you are taking a big chance. Good luck, Jonezee

Wow Jonezee, what a great idea. Probably not what he wanted to hear, but is sure worth considering.

4arrows,
    There is some fun bonefishing down there. Nothing too big but very fun. Also landed a few barracuda. I went for a day while on a cruise and had a wonderful experience. Who have you contacted? Do you speak any spanish? Send me an email and when I get home after work I will look for the information. Sh*t can happen anywhere, might as well take a shot, my opinion.

------------------
    <*(((((><
    Jim in CO

Good idea, might turn out to be trip of lifetime. I speak fluent Spanish..dose cervasa porferfor, Wo is ein banyo? Wow, murded than one..... I have gone on several cruises in Alaska, a different story, the guides know the consequences of not making the ship... in Mexico..I would be doubful.

+ Reply to Thread