+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A salesman has emerged

Default A salesman has emerged

I found away to increase sales here at the Great Waters Expo in Minneapolis this weekend. I brought along my 10 year old son to help me and he has become quite the salesmen. He jumps right in with demonstrations (pushs me out of the way). Seems it is hard for fly fishers to say no to this young man. All he asks for in compensation is 2 new games for his Nintendo DS. Oh, and a new fly rod too.

I could not be more proud!

Jerry

------------------
    Dream the Life, Live the Dream
    I can't pretend to know what I don't, so I won't.
    Board of Directors, Valley Forge Trout Unlimited

[url=http://www.flyreeldots.com:d936e]FlyReelDots.com[/url:d936e]
    FAOL Sponsor
    FAOL DOTS are now available

[This message has been edited by Dot Man (edited 03 April 2005).]
    Dream the Life ~ Live the Dream

Sounds like a great investment to me DotMan,
    All the best for the future to the young man.
    Excellent stuff. You are right to be proud.
    Get him some safety glasses too.

Roy

Blog Entries

Could commisson sales be far behind ?
    They learn so quickly .
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

Jerry,
    Give me a call...I talked to a local shop yesterday, along with some of their regulars, & they are interested.
    By the way, your boy looks like a "natural".
    Mike

[This message has been edited by ohiotuber (edited 03 April 2005).]
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

That is too neat!! Looks very professional, you just may have something there!

P.S. Nice booth!

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Dot Man,

Could I ask one really dumb question? Are those braided leaders that he's selling? Just curious. 8T

------------------
    You had better learn to be a happy camper. You only get one try at this campground and it's a real short camping season.

I'm a sucker for sales boys and girls. My wife and I support kids selling items for schools, church trips, cheerleaders, girl/boy scouts and recreational sports. I certainly wouldn't turn down a youngster selling fishing gear. I always have room for more toys.

Jerry, your boy did a great job. When Wrangler and I were brousing late Friday afternoon just before the show closed down we came across your booth and he was right there demonstrating the dots to everyone coming by with his dad nowhere in sight. He'd grab a reel and demonstrate how the bottom dot went on, and how to rig the line afterwards. He was a natural with a great personality. By the way, it was great meeting you and all of the other FAOL people at the show. We met down at the registration booth, about a half dozen of us, and this really gave a homey feeling to the show. After he was done with his tying demo, I walked up to Dave Whitlock as he was packing and told him about sitting at his table a few years back during a master's tying course. It was like talking to an old friend even if there was one chance in a million he'd remember. Emily was incredibly nice. The show was a winner overall. We really enjoyed it, and so much so in meeting those we know from here: Kathy Scott, Dotman, RNelson, Fly Chucker and the rest. It's a tremendous tribute to JC and LF that they have created this "family" of good, friendly and caring people. Especially a 10-year-old dot salesmen! JGW

Sorry I missed the young salesman. But it was a pleasure meeting you Dot Man.

Kathy Scott showed my engineer husband how to make a furled leader with sufficient technical detail to make him happy. I'll have to buy him a couple of her books for our vacation.

Parnelli stopped by my tying table and raved about his tying students, so they must be pretty good. It was great to put a face with his name.

A fun show. And I managed to sign a bunch of people up for our river clean up, which pleases me greatly.

Oh and one more thing, Big Thanks to Hedron for supplying a goodie bag to all the tyers!

Dot Man, glad for ya, seems like your son is on his way to a good full life of flyfishing, many days he will enjoy...

Tim

------------------
    Spelling and Grammar not subject to judgement...
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

+ Reply to Thread