+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fly Fishing Ecuador

Default Fly Fishing Ecuador

My company is sending me to Manta, Ecuador. I will be there the week of Feb 13th - 18th. I need all the help I can get on saltwater period!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stop in on Sat. night in the Chat before Castwell's shift. Dave Marin is the Host and he is going to Equador for a month and has been in contact with some folks there on the fly fishing. He may be able to help you.

------------------
    LadyFisher, Publisher of
    FAOL

Thanks LF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have never been in the chat room. Do I just click on Castwell's "Casting Chat" prior to his shift start at 6:00pm, 4:00pm my time???

Also, is this the same David Marin the photographer??

AC01

[This message has been edited by acorbin01 (edited 12 January 2006).]

You doing a food audit, Allan?

Philly,

My old friend!!!!! Yep, another audit for our men in uniform!! I am hoping to fly fish while in Ecuador. Can you believe it!?!?!?!!!!!! I will be using all that you have taught me, including some of your flies!! You are one of my official mentors on fly fishing in general, and my sole mentor on saltwater specifics, even though you did not know it!!! I will be surf fishing just as we did in Ocean City, NJ. I will try not to let you down!!! ANY advice from you is welcomed and encouraged!!!

[This message has been edited by acorbin01 (edited 18 January 2006).]

Thanks Castwell!! You and LF are the best!!

Wish I could help you there, but my fishing in tropical waters has been limited to Guam. If you ever do an audit there, I can make some suggestions. There should be some sort of bait fish that has the same profiles as silversides or bunker. If you're fishing from the beach, see if you can see any structure. Look for sand bars, rocks, things like that. Just be careful, Americans are not the most popular people down there. I know they're debating who to send from my section to represent us. It's not my AOR so I won't be going. This year's food show is in Vegas. Don't think I'll bring the rod with me. You ought to see if you can wrangle a way to do a presentation.
    Good luck with the fishing. I expect to see a report of what you encountered down there.

Thanks for the information on how much Americans are disliked. I sort of got that feeling when I took the antiterrorist training module! That is really too bad though. I sort of like everybody. Nonetheless I will be careful, and if that doesn't work I'll be ghetto!! No really, I will be very careful!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are also going on a deep sea fishing charter. It should be a great time.

Okay.....Silversides and Bunkers, I will make a note! As far as the tide goes, do I need to fish at high or low?? I am so dumb when it comes to saltwater!!

Someone else from my department will be going to Vegas. Also, Guam got cancelled. However, I will do both South Korea and Singapore. I am setting up to fish in both locations right now.

Good to hear from you old friend!!

AC01

They may do Guam at a later date. Korea, if I remember M.A.S.H, wasn't Henry Blake a fly fisherman. Be nice in Singapore, that's my vendor you'll be auditing. Singapore definitely has fly fishing opportunities, I was sick as dog with some sort of virus, last time I was there, barely got out of the hotel room. On another board there's a guy from Singapore who posts regularly including pictures of the fish they catch in fresh and salt water. There snakeheads are considered a prize game and eating fish. I'll post something and see what I can find out about fishing there. You'll like Singapore.
    I might be heading there for a couple of days in late April, before I go to Japan for a food show.
    Someone might have a different opinion but I like two hours before and after the top and bottom of the tide. It helps to have some current.

+ Reply to Thread