+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need some Pirate Help

Default Need some Pirate Help

I am going to be in the Sanibel Island area of Florida from the 3rd to 6th of Nov.
    I would like to get out for a day on the water and was looking for at the tide chart to see if one day would be better than another, one problem, I don't have a clue how to read them. Anyone help me out which tides look the most favorable.
    Thanks
    TaG

The most important thing is that the water is moving. In or out. looks like the tides are good all those days. My favorite would be the out going tides at night, but they are late. midnigght on. the incoming looks good too though. early morning (8:30) on the 3rd, an hour later each day. The fish bite better before noon.
    Bill

Try [url=http://www.floridasportsman.com:e71e7]http://www.floridasportsman.com[/url:e71e7] for the tide info. Low tide is good for tailing reds, high tide is good for snook. The greater the difference between lowest low tide & the highest high tide ( usually about a foot on the gulf ) tells how much moving water flows there.

Thanks guys I appreciate the help. Unfourtunately I can't get out much before noon so will have to take what I can get into the late afternoon and evening.
    T-a-G

My father always told me;

"The best time to fish is when you can"
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements.
    --- Horace Kephart

T-A-G

Too bad your timing is off a little, the next week we will be having a get together off the pirates about 120 miles north of where you will be staying.

But anyway take some smaller flys. Since you will be unable to fish the tides try fishing the same flies but smaller ones. You might luck into some really nice Mangrove snapper or some of our other fish.
    If I miss the tide I will fish any way. Fish structure if possible and keep moving.
    Good luck. And if possible come on over for the get together.

Harold

Pirates,
    Well I got out for the PM hours and was rewarded with a triple header. Snook, Redfish and Trout. Not bad for a landlubber from Mn. No significant size but a lot of fun none the less. I am triing to work out a trip back this spring and try for a Tarpon as well.
    Thanks for all the help with the tide charts. I hope your piranical conclave goes well.
    T-a-G

Amongst the Mangroves of West Central, Florida

Take-A-Gander,

That Snook, Trout & Redfish is our "Inshore Slam" for these parts. Perhaps not a "legal" slam (under slot fish) but a slam none the less.

Good Job!!!
    "Only the half-mad are wholly alive." ~~ Edward Abbey

T-A-G

Congratulations. It is a wonder that fishing in the PM that monster snook did not come a calling. Glad you got out and happy to hear you caught a slam

Harold

+ Reply to Thread