+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Two FAOLers meet, teach trout a lesson.

Default Two FAOLers meet, teach trout a lesson.

Scott (salovin) called and woke me up the other day and convinced me to go fishing with him on the Bitterroot. I probably would have made it out to wade alone later, but in retrospect I'm glad he got me out of bed because we put a hurtin' on some nice fish. Scott can roll cast a 4 weight like nobodys business. It's good to meet yet another fly-fishing maniac.

Benjo,
    I may have said this before, but I envy you. I was fortunate enough to be able to fish the Bitterroot and neighboring rivers and streams eight or nine summers back in the 70s and 80s. Thought about moving out there, but it never worked out. The Bitterroot, the Selway, and Rock Creek are three of my favorite streams. I was introduced to the area by Doug Swisher, and was fortunate to fish with him quite a few times.
    Catch a big one for me.

Bob

------------------
    There is a fine line between fly fishing, and standing in the water waving a stick.

did scott happen to use a rettlesnake?

mgj

No, but he showed it to me. Strange fly.

Yes, I must say that Friday was a great day of fishing!!!!!!! It does not get any better than a day on the Bitterroot. The weather was perfect and the water was just right. The Skwalla hatch was so much fun! It was my first trip out on a boat on the Bitterroot and Ben was nice enough to row the boat all day. We stopped plenty of times so Ben could hook up with some fish though. I did row one time and I'm not going to discuss the disaster that almost happened. I will learn to row a boat with a little practice! Ben, I tied a bunch of the Skwallas like I had tied the Yellow Sally. I tried it on the Clark Fork Sat. and Sun. with lots of luck. The fish were hitting 16 and 18 BWO more though. Thanks again for a great day on the river Ben!

Blog Entries

I thought maybe you were talking about Cole and me. We met up and fished the the MO this past Thursday, and all we taught the trout was how to laugh at us. Pic or two to follow in a few days. Never made it down your way, Benjo, or I woulda looked you up.

Dennis

+ Reply to Thread