+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A SWEDE GOES TO SOUTH CAROLINA..

Default A SWEDE GOES TO SOUTH CAROLINA..

Good Morning!!!!!

Havent been a member of this community for more than a couple of weeks.. But im already hooked.

In an hour or so im heading for South Carolina, and 3 weeks of bassfishing and fun! I want to say thanks for all the nice advice on what flies to use etc for bassfishing.

Next time im in the states i hope to fish for trout..Im stunned by all the wonderful pictures ive seen of your marvelous streams, rivers etc...

Hang tough!

Best Regards Rick

Welcome Rick.....guess a fellow-countryman should reply. Granpa Rudbeck came from Sweden in the 20's; built some of the most beautiful cathedrals in the Chicago area.

Good luck in S. Carolina. Bass on the fly is a hoot, but you're going to annoy the metal chunkers who go barren while you're draggin' 'em in!!!

You'll probably be moving here after your adventure.....

Regards, Jim

Yo Rick,
    GOOD LUCK!!!

Hey Sved: They don't have any Lefsa or Lutefisk on the menu down there in Mason Dixie Cup Land, nor can you find any tubs of Pickled Herring to carry you over until you get back home.

Enjoy you stay, they are wonderful folks down there, and the fishing is great.

~ Parnelli

"Ya sur, Ja Betcha!"

[This message has been edited by Steven H. McGarthwaite (edited 02 April 2005).]

Hey Rick,
    Could you post a pickled herring (shad) recipe? The one in the cream sauce? Maybe it would wind up in the "What's Cookin'" section.
    We pickle shad (herring) around here a bit, but we don't have any recipe for the white stuff.
    Thanks if you do....
    ......lee s.

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

SWEDE,

I'm in the trout section of South Carolina, up near Clemson in the NW corner of the state. Drop me an email when you are in the mood for a little trout fishing. I'd be glad to show you a couple of scenic places. 8T

------------------
    You had better learn to be a happy camper. You only get one try at this campground and it's a real short camping season.

+ Reply to Thread