+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Casting for Lake Michigan Browns

Default Casting for Lake Michigan Browns

Anyone have any experience tossing flies from the shoreline of Lake Michigan for spring Browns.Or anyone have any suggestions for a good pattern for them?
    Scott

Howdy Ruger,
    I have a question. Are you talking about brown Trout or Smallmouth Bass call brownies by some?
    The shore of Lake Michiagan is know for its Smallmouth around the rocks and boulders.
    Crayfish patterns are always good. Soon the Mayfly hatch will start and the surface will be dimpled with feeding fish.
    ol Al

------------------
    Ol' Flysoup
    Flycasting is as easy as flysoup

I was leaning towards Trout,Soup.But thanks for the other idea

I am going to shore fish Lake Erie for some Rainbows. I have not fly fished form shore before so I am going to try it with assorted colour "wooly buggers". If I were going for Browns I will be trying the same but I will be using colours of olive, dun, gray dun, peacock and rust. I know I have had luck in rivers with a peacock coloured caddis nymph with copper wire ribbing and a dun hackle. If you decide to try this sugestion make sure your wooly buggers are weighted.
    I am new to fishing from shore on the Great lakes and this is on of the first things I am going to try. I am also going to take some saltwater patterns with me. As Trout get ready to move up stream they seem to stop feeding. That will be the time to use your saltwater patterns (colourful ones), so I have recently read.
    I hope this is helpful to you...

Good Luck

Good luck.

Thanks Northern Fisher.
    Right now the locals are killing them trolling with Rapalas and other assorted stick baits.Bait fish colors seem to do well.I'm gonna tie up some bigger clousers along with some rabbit strip streamers and go have some fun.Think I'll go with a sink tip line also.I'll message you my results.

+ Reply to Thread