+ Reply to Thread

Thread: cabela's reels

Default cabela's reels

Hey Guys~ Its been awhile since I posted. Been a real busy summer. I'm getting ready to upgrade on my 8 weight and I'm going to get a TFO TiCRX. I've got some gift certificates to Cabela's so I was going to get it there. I was wondering about their reels, as I was considering a combo. Anybody had any experience with these? How they hold up in the salt. Where they are made? Any info would be welcomed.~Scott

------------------
    "Our real purpose is to fit ourselves to be of maximum service to God and the people about us."
    "Our real purpose is to fit ourselves to be of maximum service to God and the people about us."

I was looking at a Fly Fish America article the other day, comparing large arbor reels. The Cabela's (LSR?) cost under two hundred dollars, and based on drag, start up inertia, and all that other stuff, outperformed reels cost three times as much (including the disco painted reel that shall remain nameless...)

Hey dave~ Thanks for the reply. I went ahead and ordered the combo with the LSR reel. I know I'll like the rod, we will jus have to see about the reel.~Scott

------------------

Scott, if I was in the market for a reel right now I would definitely buy one based on that FFA article. I've bought rods based on their reviews (ironically enough, cabelas) and have been very pleased with them.

Good luck.

Dave

There you go Dave, telling people that they can get into fly fishing for less than three month's salary. Worse yet, you are saying it is possible when considering saltwater fly fishing. That is supposed to take at least 4-5 month's salary!

Thanks for the info actually! I was thinking that their new LSR, CSR and SR reels looked like they just might stand up to a saltwater trip or two if washed with fresh really well afterward.

Don
    Don Rolfson

+ Reply to Thread