+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Micus's latest

Default Micus's latest

??I don't think there is a PFD made that would keep me afloat if I tipped the yak and flooded my stocking foots.?

Dave,
    What would make the water inside your waders different then the water outside? Once filled, it wouldn?t matter which side of the waders the water was on, you would float (or sink) exactly the same. The weight of the water in your waders would only be a factor if you were not in the water. There are several good reasons not to Yak in coldwater, hypothermia for instances, but filling your stocking foots would not affect the performance of your PDF.

Alcohol is lighter than water. Dave should have no wories about sinking - with or without waders.

you know, Jason, you are absolutely right and i should know that from my failed "milk bottle filled with water" anchor invention. This is why I got a 'd' in physics...

and epo, while i don't have to worry about sinking i frequently worry about spontaneously combusting.

[This message has been edited by D. Micus (edited 27 June 2005).]

dave - I enjoy all your articles, but was really excited to see you are a 'yak man as well. I'm suprised that more people don't use a kayak for fishing, but I guess if they did they would be on "our" waters
    Keep that belt pulled tight to keep that water out. You will float, but you wont swim very far, very fast with full waders.

------------------
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - "WOW-What a Ride!"
    Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive.

Ranger, next to the rod and reel, isn't it the best purchase you ever made for fishing?

Go ahead, rub it in Micus!

Dude

I don't understand. After all, you've got that new shark boat. Why would you want a yak?
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

The worst of it all is that Micus lives about 100 yards from a boat launch that leads into a wonderfull fishery, not that I'm jealous.

jed

Yaks are great though I had someone make fun of my yak the other day. I was about ready to punch his lights out when I remembered the code of the happy pirate, though shallt beith too drunk for violence. He was bad mouthing it because it is a touring kayak in a cloud pattern and that sit on top ocean yaks were better. The pattern does look kind of fruity but it is camoflage. After reasoning with him that I could paddle circles around him in an ocean kayak and explaining my camoflage concept, and he realizing I was twice his size and intelligence, he walked away.

------------------
    Who has time for stress when there are fish to catch.
    Nick
    Your hooks sharp????

micro, what a jackass. sot's are nice, but i think a bit too cold for the ne waters. plus if you are out in the currents you definitely want a touring kayak and if it has a rudder or a skeg, all the better.

+ Reply to Thread