+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Panama City Beach Fl area?

Default Panama City Beach Fl area?

My girlfriend and I have been invited to join family for a week in Panama City Beach, Florida at the end of June.

What kind of fishing would I find there at that time of the year? I'd like to get a day's fishing (or more!) in if possible.

Can anyone recommend a good guide or guide service in that area who does either light tackle or fly fishing?

Thanks

-John

Too far north and west for me...good luck, tho!

Take a look at [url=http://www.halfhitchtackle.com:d9769]www.halfhitchtackle.com[/url:d9769] they cover that entire area from Destin to Port St. Joe with shops and info in each area. I'm sure they can help you with all of your needs. Lots of great areas around the Panhandle.

I am typing this from Panama City. I live about 50 miles north. I spend most of my time fishing Port St. Joe (about 25 miles to the east). Lots of specks and some reds. I use to know I guy, but he is out of the guiding business.

Robinson Brother's in Apalachicola are a VERY good bet. Especially for flyfishermen.

I haven't done much in PC myself, I always prefered the crystal clear water of Port St. Joe, and lack of crowds.

(http://www.flaredfish.com/

[This message has been edited by Fishcreek (edited 16 March 2005).]

I'm in Fort Walton Beach, just 50 miles west of P.C. Everyone's looking for the start of the cobia run. Should be starting any day now. You can surely have a blast with them. They run thru P.C. heading west on the beach.

Just re-read your post. Cobia will be about finished by then, but plenty good bay fishing with fly equipment. Bring along an 8 Wt and have some fun with trout and redfish.

[This message has been edited by caibill (edited 16 March 2005).]
    I flyfish the salt because the voices in my head tell me to...

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

JPR,

I fished Panama City (in May) a few years ago. There is a great stone breakwater in St. Andrews State Park that will give you lots of room for your backcast. It is a very fishy area and you can never tell what you are going to hook up with. Great place and good beaching for those who don't care to fish all day. 8T

------------------
    You had better learn to be a happy camper. You only get one try at this campground and it's a real short camping season.

Thanks to all who gave me leads and tips on places to fish around PCB. I appreciate it and now am going to follow up on those leads.

John

+ Reply to Thread