+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Congrats Al and Gretchen

Default Congrats Al and Gretchen

Just go the Summer issue of "Fly Tyer" magazine and Al and Gretchen have a great article in there about tying Humpies. Some really nice variations, too. Al, did you take the pictures? They're wonderful. And your (or Gretchen's) fly on the cover, to boot. Sweet!

Peter F.

------------------
    Peter F
    www.fishingwithflies.com
    pfrailey@hotmail.com

I have few of those original flies and they are really cool. Keeping them as example patterns. Can't wait to read the mag now..

Thanks,
    Rich

Haven't gotten mine yet, now I'm anxious.

Congrats Al & Gretchen!! I don't take the magazine anylonger so won't be able to actually see the article but I am sure if Al did it it is great.

Happy Trails!
    Ronn
    Happy Trails!
    Ronn

http://ronnlucassr.com/

I'm so thrilled to hear about this. I'm going right out and get the magazine. The thing I like most about fly tying are the wonderful people I've met, mostly on-line, along the way. Al and Gretchen are a couple of the nicest people going, and terrific tiers as well. I've received some great encouragement along the way from Al, and it means a lot. A few kind words from the great ones means everything. And the same can be said about Ronn Lucas, Hans, Deanna and Jim, and so many others. It's the people that make it what it is.
    Eric

I just bought a Scott rod on e bay. The seller lives near Portland. He knew Ronn Lucas, and Al and Gretchan Beatty. That vouched for his character with me and then some. Small world.
    Bob Scheidt

Why does it seem like everyone gets their issue of fly tier magazine like a month before I actually get mine? I swear, i will see people raving about an article in the next issue and I'm still waiting weeks til mine arrives. Anyone else in the same boat as I am??

Hi Peter/group,

Darn! Leave the office for a couple days, play hooky on the river, and you just don't know what may happen! Thanks for the kind words. I haven't seen the magazine yet but have reviewed the proof. Yes, we took most of the photo's (step-by-step, etc.) however Dave Klausmeyer took the cover shot. Take care & ...

Tight Lines - Al Beatty [url=http://www.btsflyfishing.com:80c80]www.btsflyfishing.com[/url:80c80]

Finally got my issue Monday. Congratulations Al and Gretchen. As usually, your tips and techniques make for an easier time at the tying bench.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

+ Reply to Thread