+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sparkle Caddis, What other materials have you used?

Default Sparkle Caddis, What other materials have you used?

I'm curious to know if you have tried other materials for a sparkle caddis? What about colors of the material? I have a bunch of similiar synthetic material and thought I'd query the various tiers on the board for any experience outside of using antron.

------------------
    [url=http://www.rockymtnfly.com:09ae3]- Rocky Mountain Fly -[/url:09ae3]

Hi Paul,

Gary insisted the gas bubble needed to be constructed out of trilobal Antron. I have used other products claiming to be Antron but it didn't look like the stuff I got from Gary. I really don't know whether the other stuff worked that well or not. Sorry, I can't give you a better answer. Take care & ...

Tight Lines - Al Beatty [url=http://www.btsflyfishing.com:12118]www.btsflyfishing.com[/url:12118]

Paul, Have you ever used the original yarns Gary L. tied his Sparkle Pupa's with? Later, Jim

I use HIVIS for mine, looks great! I have some of the original yarn Gary used, I think the brand name is Dazzleaire, but I am hording it like Midas did with his gold

[This message has been edited by OLB (edited 06 May 2006).]

I like Ice Dub UV for all kinds of things, including caddis pupae. Blend some strands of several colors of it with your strands of antron and see how the fish like them.

Incidentally, I tried it for tying eggs and found that it was a little hard on my fingers but produced very sparkly eggs. It won't be until fall that the fish get to judge them, though.

+ Reply to Thread