+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PETA anti-fishing alert...

Default PETA anti-fishing alert...

I know it's not on fly-tying, but is of concern to all anglers.

Calling All PETA Activists!

We?re unveiling PETA?s newest tool to protect animals! Check out our beautiful, brand-new, state-of-the-art activist tool to help fish. [http://www.fishinghurts.com/RoboFish.asp]

Using remote controls, pro-fish activists can direct robotic fish to circle anglers? boats and emit very loud noises, thereby scaring away all the fish and saving them from horrible injuries and deaths on anglers? hooks.

We need your help to put our school of robo-fish into action! If you want to use one of PETA?s robo-fish to disrupt fishing tournaments in your area, please let me know.

We already have team leaders for the following three tournaments, and they would love to have your help! Please contact me right away if you want to get involved.

Five Alive Bassmasters ?Buddy Bass Tournament? at Assunpink Lake in New Jersey
    Wal-Mart Walleye League in Trenton, Michigan
    IFA Redfish Tour in Lafitte, Louisiana

There are dozens more tournaments on our radar. If you?re willing to help out, we can send you a robo-fish with operating instructions and find a tournament for you. Please send me your name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number if you would like to receive a loaner robo-fish.

Just a few hours of your time can save hundreds of fish from horrible pain and suffering. PETA has found that the robo-fish are 100 percent effective. Imagine the looks on anglers? faces after spending an entire day trying to impale unsuspecting fish and coming away with nothing!

Thanks again for all that you do for animals. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Karin Robertson, Manager
    Fish Empathy Project

I'm certainly willing to help fish. Usually with a sprinkle of pepper, bit of sliced red onions, and lemons. Wrap in double foil, grill til done. Yum

So thats why I can't catch any fish. I also like to help fish but with some hot grease, milk and flour.

P.S. Don't forget the Tartar sauce

Blog Entries

In Tennessee that sort of interference is now a felony, thankfully.

I'm pretty sure it's illegal everywhere that protects the lawful enjoyment of any type of activity.

Probably the same principle that allows scabs to cross picket lines and establishes aprons around abortion clinics. My apologies to LF and JC for bringing up two controversial examples, especially with all the flaming going on around here lately. This post is intended to be about our basic freedoms of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness...(including fish); and nothing else.

I don't see how damaging equipment, business or personal property, disrupting life, or harassing people can be in the same league as someone wanting a job or wanting to go fishing...or just wanting to go to school.

Does Aprils Fool day start early in the US?? Assuming you have one....
    Best regards and tight lines

Mick Porter

I knew it!!!!

Harassing fisherman is against the law...just report the people doing it and they can be arrested.....we have other things to worry about, like the destruction of fish and other wildlife habitat, the human overpoulation that is causing it...don't waste your time on a couple of PETA lunatics.

But just remember: PETA stands for People Eating Tasty Animals and if you would change one letter making it PITA which stands for Pain In The A**.

+ Reply to Thread