+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Elkhorn rods

Default Elkhorn rods

I picked up A new rod at the midwest flyfishing show. I keep having to take it out in the yard and cast it again just to make sure it really casts as nice as I remembered it last time I did it. I cast 15 different rods that day and I am not going to say it cast the best but it is a very smooth mediumfast action that if I was asked how much I would of thought it cost? I would of said around 4 to 4 1/2 bills. So How could I resist $160 for a 4 piece rod and tube. when I paid the man he handed me a nice little reel that came with it. (and I thought he was trying to get me to buy the reel too). I am not in the business of promoting the rods (unless they want to send me some more sizes for feild testing) but I am very impressed with the rod I have.
    Jeff

My husband bought me an Elkhorn 6wt. Spey rod for Valentine's day and It is a wonderful rod! I too can't believe how nice it casts
    If all their rods are as nice as mine I'd recomend people try them out before they pay out the bigger bucks

VEE
    VEE

I picked up a 6 wt last year. Liked it enough that I got an 8 wt. this year. I guess it passes my test

jed

I bought a 5 piece, 7 1/2', 4 weight at a sportshow in KC about 4 years ago for around $125. It came with a cheap reel that I used for a seaon before replacing. It is by far the best rod for the money that I have. It makes every trip.

I love my 6/7wt. I use it in salt, for bass, and now that the season is in, for shad as well. I also got mine at a trade show in MD. and it came with a nice little reel. for the same price as you got yours. Great deal.

------------------
    "Our real purpose is to fit ourselves to be of maximum service to God and the people about us."
    "Our real purpose is to fit ourselves to be of maximum service to God and the people about us."

+ Reply to Thread