+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bucktail

Default Bucktail

I need some help finding quality bucktail. By quality I mean straight and fine. I have done my homework and searched this site, I also Googled the heck out of the internet.I have recently purchased bucktail from several well known sources, and some of it looks almost synthetic it is so thick and kinked. I like to tye Rangeley streamers and would appreciate it if anyone would share a source of material.Thanks.

For materials like hair and feathers,you dont want to buy mail order.You should find a shop in your area and buy from them.The reason is that hair texture and color varies a great deal and to find what you want,you really have to look and feel it before you buy.Same with feathers.Most other materials are pretty much standard everywhere but not hair.

Sport - Call Alvin Theriault and tell him exactly what your looking for. Here's his website: [url=http://www.theriaultflies.com:64d1f]http://www.theriaultflies.com[/url:64d1f] Cheers, Alec

Thanks Flytackle,
    I have contacted Alvin and will work with him.

I recommend Chris Helms at Whitetail Fly Tieing Supplies. The hair I have ordered from him is much better than hair I have ordered from other sources. Call him and discuss the kind of flies you will be tying and he can tell you what you will probably be most satisfied with. I think you can find his phone number using Google. If not send me an email.

+ Reply to Thread