+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Are you a big fan of spectrumized dubbing?

Default Are you a big fan of spectrumized dubbing?

Hello,

Do you find that spectrumized dubbing helps you catch more fish, so you are a big fan of it? Do you think it still works for nymph patterns even where there is not enough light penetration under water (For all color components to show its intended effects, there should be corresponding color-light sources for those components to reflect.)?

What is your favorite source of spectrumized dubbing? If you develop your own dubbing, how many colors do you mix to create one general hue of your preferred color? I heard that the number varies from only 2-3 colors up to 20-25. Where does your case fall within this range?

I appreciate your comments.

You asked about "Spectrumized Dubbing", I prefer to use the term "Iridescent Dubbing"!
    "Spectrumized" is a Trademark word, and not a legitimate word in any dictionary I have searched, while "Iridescent" is a legitimate word in every dictionary that I have searched.

Both words can be used, "Spectrumized" can only be used for a specific manufacturer's product, while "Iridescent" applies to any material that has the same characteristics.

"Iridescent"[adjective] of the word "Iridescence"[noun] which means "...a rainbow like display of color"

Yes I use Iridescent Dubbing, for my Nymph and Wet, and Streamer patterns. The mixture of different colored fibers in the dubbing, causes a subtle illumination of the fly abdomen/thorax. I have found that the same pattern with Iridescent Dubbing, outperforms the same pattern tied with a single colored dubbing.

My source for Iridescent Dubbing is Ronn Lucas Sr., who is a Sponsor of FAOL.

Parnelli

"Life is not a matter of counting years. It is a matter of making years count!"

+ Reply to Thread