+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Considering Simms Lightweight Waders

Default Considering Simms Lightweight Waders

DISCLAIMER:

I HAVE ALREADY USED THE SEARCH FEATURE OF THIS WEBSITE TO RESEARCH SIMMS WADERS.

I am seriously considering dropping $200 for a pair of the Simms Lightweight waders.

I would appreciate hearing opinions of those that have these SPECIFIC waders. I read all the stuff about the G3s and other high end models. They are not an option for me. Just info on the Lightweights, please.

I also read a lot of glowing reports about Simms' customer service. I would appreciate hearing from those who may have had not so great service. Why? Just for comparison's sake.

I put over 100 days per year on the water here in the Upper Midwest, about half would be spent in these waders. I'm pretty hard on waders and was able to eek 2 1/2 seasons out of a pair of Hodgman Guidelites before they wore out (material just wore through along the taped seams in the knee area). I realize that I may have to baby the Lightweights in order to get my money's worth out of them.

Anyone who doesn't feel like clogging the board up with yet another wader post, or doesn't want to complain about Simms in public, feel free to email me at:

leakywaders@stewartfishingco.com

Thanks very much.

leakywaders (Brian Stewart)

My sons and I use the lightweights. I had the original Guide weights, and the lightweights seem to be as durable. Sure, I've repaired a lot of leaks, but when the feet started leaking after about 100 days I sent them back and Simms replaced the feet and fixed the remaining leaks at no cost. I expect at least 200 days of fishing, many of them walking several miles in the waders before I wear them out.

------------------
    Chas
    "Work is overrated"

Thank you for the reply, that's the kind of info I'm looking for. Much appreciated.

leakywaders

I have only had mine for a year, but have been very pleased with them. They seem more puncture resistent than the last pair of breathables I had and are the most comfortable waders I have ever owned.
    Probably, not much help, but thought I would throw it out there.
    Adam

Hi:

Ive had mines for a short while and they are really fine.The time you mention on the water would concern me enough into buying more heavy duty SIMMS waders. They reek quality though. The medium I have, has larger feet than I would expect at that size. My feet are 8.5 and the neoprene socks on them are about size 10, so make sure you try them on first and put your boots on as well to get a good fit.

Migs

+ Reply to Thread