+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Vise in the House

Default New Vise in the House

Oldest Rotary... Dream vise... Lotta vises (visees?) being discussed. Well, I just got my new toy. Its a Nor-vise.
    I set it up last night after spending an hour watching the video. I then spent two hours playing, topping it off with construction of two wet flies. Then I went back to my old vise (a Dan-vise).
    First blush. The automatic bobbin is a bit to get used to. DO NOT cut your thread or the thing will wind up on you. But...
    This vise is marvelous! I can spin dubbing on like no one's business. Hackle is a snap. Looks more even than I've ever done. Yes, there is limited room at the back of the hook. Get the fine-point jaws and this issue is out the window. Full rotary action is awesome.
    I went back and tried my Danica after using the Nor-vise. It felt like pushing a shovel through cold mollasses.
    Frank Reid

2. Default

Not surprised you like the Norvise. When you get the fine jaws you'll love it even more.

And when you DO get used to the bobbin.........
    ...lee s.

I agree with the others. The sold my Regal and my DynaKing Baracuda after tying on my NorVise and would not go back. The NorVise bobbins are also terrific. It took me a little while to get in the habit of pulling the thread out to disengage the clutch when I cut the thread, but it's second nature now. I have much better thread control now and dubbing and wrapping hackles is a breeze. Great system!!!

Jim Smith

+ Reply to Thread