+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Recommend a bobbin

Hey Jeremy!

Yeah, I'm a real fan of the lighter gear, and my prized posession is the Orvis One that I drooled over for (literally) 10 years before buying. I absolutely love that little rod, and it gives even the smallest frye a fighting chance!

Like you, I mainly fish 2 and 3wts, but have no reservations about picking up the 1 and heading to even a tailwater! Love it!

Tight (light) lines!

Hywel,
    I am going to try the Ekich as well, but it may be after the Holidays before I can allow myself to "splurge" a little more

The Nor is on the way, and while it surprises me (given my previous attitude towards the thought of loading the spools), I am REALLY looking forward to tyring it out!

Thanks for the comments and advice, Happy Holidays, and continued best wishes for success in your career as a pro tier and keynote speaker!

I purchased a Nor bobbin at last years' Great Waters expo. Less than a week later, I spotted Faruk's bobbin in Fly Tyer magazine. I was pretty annoyed about having to respool the thread on the Nor bobbin, and immediately ordered the Ekich. Once I started using the Ekich, I never went back. Change the thread? No problem, just pop on a different spool. Done with the tie? No problem, just release the spool at the length wanted. (The Nor Bobbin requires the thread to be pulled past the next catch point, sometimes leaving about 1 foot of thread hanging around for the next fly.) Retaining thread quality? Make sense to me. I just really like the Ekich. Great product, and wish I had thought of it first. My Nor bobbin was sold on eBay last summer.

+ Reply to Thread