+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas keeping you from some travel

Default Gas keeping you from some travel

With gas prices soaring, will anyone alter or curtail, by location or frequency, some of their fishing trips this year? Also, does anyone think the smaller destination places will be adversely affected by the increased gas prices?

Allan

Yes, I can not even afford to go fishinh at my favorite river. Jan

This may be the start of group fishing where you car pool to a spot with some friends Or if you don't like people, you may have to cut back somewhere else but not fishing. I choose the latter. Maybe a few less chumps out cluttering up the streams. People may choose driftboats over jetboats.
    Humm 3.00 gas may not be all bad.

Rich

I think it will affect how far I'll travel. I fish realatively close to where I live anyway. But, there is a lake that normally takes a 1/2 tank of gas round trip that I won't fish as much.

I was planning on driving up to Minneapolis for the Expo, but have decided not to.
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

Ah, and at the same time the plastics for your lines and synthetic tying materials will also become more costly to manufacture and eventually more expensive for us to buy. . .

Mostly I get to fish over lunch just a couple of miles from work, so it will not affect me. I do hope to make a trip to the 'local' trout water (3 hours) but it will also be a camping trip for 1-2 nights, so it will not be affected. Maybe I'll make it twice.

I'll probably fish the lakes that are all within 10 miles 95% of the time though.

Don
    Don Rolfson

We do seem to be creatures of habit and we do seem to be able to justify all the expenditure we incur on our passions.
    I, for one, may be forced to curtail some of our "snoop" trips.....but I hope, not many. &
    .....lee s.

Allen, I live in rural upstate NY and the majority of my trout and bass fishing is within 10 miles of the house. Trout stream is actually less than 5 miles. I have promised my son a few trips to the Deleware and the Beaverkill this year and the beauty of that is, a promise to a twelve year old must take priority over increased gas prices. At least that train of thought helps me to justify it. Both destinations are less than an hour away. In the other direction is a river by the name of the Otselic. I used to fish this a lot prior to children. Now that they are both decent fly fishers, it is time to head back there. Again, less than an hour away. Good luck this season. kev

Rich Ward, Yes, and only the rich will be on stream. But then who will they have to show off to?

it is just as it did last year.
    it ain't that I'll do less fishing, just not travel as far to do it.

mgj

Hey Tye,

While I intend to fish every bit as much
    as I normally would, I expect I'll find that
    I use my kayak a lot more than my bass boat
    when I get there. Warm regards, Jim

+ Reply to Thread