+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rick's "I Quit"

Default Rick's "I Quit"

I can assure Rick that I"ve had days when no matter what things always go wrong. That's when I tell myself, "This is supposed to be fun." And go read a book. JGW

Dammit John....that "go read a book" hint hurts *G*

Seems like every time I go into my tying room (yep, I have a 'tying room' ) I have a question...pick up few books trying to find an answer and before long....1-2 hrs slip by!

Dangit how I hate that. Can't get anything done *G*

Ain't it great!

Jeremy.

Blog Entries

Let me tell you about my day - so far.

Couple buddies and our wives are taking off for Wisconsin for a few days. As we are going to hit Cabelas we're taking two vehicles - one my Explorer. Thought I'd clean it out a little and in doing do discovered I didn't have a current insurance card. Well, dandy.

Discovered we didn't have one in any of the vehicles so called my insurance man. No problem but it meant a trip to town. So I decided I'd wash and vacuum it out at the carwash.

Pulled into the bay - stuck in two bucks worth of quarters - nothing - thought may I miscounted - stuck in another quarter - nothing.

Woman just finished up in the other bay. Pulled in there - Put in 8 quarters - nothing. Crap. Gave up.

Pulled into the gas station. Started pumping and then checking air in my tires. When I walked back around I discovered the hose had sprung a leak and $2.31 gasoline is spraying all over the drive. Neat.

Walked into my insurance man's office and he made the mistake of asking how my day was going. I told him. Well, lo and behold and unbeknownst to me - he's one of the owners of the car wash. Said it had already been fixed and gave me a handful of tokens. Things are looking up.

Go back - wash truck (it did a lousy job by the way) Pulled out to go to the bank and found myself in a traffic jam (town of 1962 people) When it finally started to move I discovered the problem. At the head of the line was a city truck with one of those "leaf suckers". Unfortunately, there was a hole in the side and as I passed, ground up leaves and dust coated my wet truck. And just to help things along at the edge of town I waited to let a semi go a head of me. Yeah, well it was a ground feed truck. So now I'm in a cloud of ground corn.

About half-way home I look up to see a car coming across the centerline into my lane. Woman - on cell phone. Managed to miss her and drove home without incident.

As it's too early to start drinking - I guess I'll go wash my truck. With a garden hose - in my driveway.

Oh did I mention the wind is blowing 40 freaking miles per hour and the crappies are suspended? They'll bite if you can get to them.

Since I first wrote this I washed the truck and it's in the garage.. I got stung by a bee.

Sorry probably wrong forum but I needed to vent.

[This message has been edited by HideHunter (edited 03 November 2005).]
    "Flyfishing is not a religion. You can make up your own rules as you go.".. Jim Hatch.. 2/27/'06

Blog Entries

Well good deal Chris.

I'm applying a little Absolut on the bee sting (internally) and it's made the whole day seem better..
    "Flyfishing is not a religion. You can make up your own rules as you go.".. Jim Hatch.. 2/27/'06

+ Reply to Thread