+ Reply to Thread

Thread: dead critters

Default dead critters

I'll ask again.

Has anyone placed fur or feathers with a piece of flea collar in say a plastic envelope or glass jar...whatever...and actually seen dead critters.

How about insect strips?

Or moth balls or crystals?[wouldn't these tend to but more repellent than cidal?]

I used ENOZ Moth Crystals in all of my stored supplies--"kills moths carpet beetles their eggs and larvae" I make small bags from ladies hose.

------------------

Bill

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Hi Duckster,

I'm a confirmed believer in the effectiveness of flea collars for protecting fly tying materials. I've had three small infestation problems before I started using them. One in some poorly cured bucktail (from Herter's), one in a bunch of self caught squirel tails and one in some porcupine quills and hide. I've had no problems since I started using flea collars. I've never seen any dead bugs because I believe the collars are an effective repellent and the numerous bugs of SC just decide not to mess with the protected stuff. I do know that when I slap a collar on my dogs or cats there are plenty of dead and very sick fleas around in their bedding. I've avoided any bug problems for five years now and my fly tying materials don't smell up the whole room. That's good enough for me. 8T

------------------
    You had better learn to be a happy camper. You only get one try at this campground and it's a real short camping season.

+ Reply to Thread